Prayers for Janet Carpenter

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Johnna

Prayers for Janet Carpenter

Post by Johnna » Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:39 pm

A dear dear friend of mine, Janet, has been diagnosed with cancer stage 4 level C. Untreated, the doctor said 3-4 months left. With successful treatment, maybe a year to year and a half.
She had her first chemo yesterday (Wednesday 7th) and so far isn't feeling too bad from it. The doctors said they won't even operate on the tumors unless the chemo seems to be helping overall, which it is too early to tell.
It is a huge long story of how her cancer was discovered. But the odd part is that she wasn't showing any signs. Even now, with her liver 33% non functional, the tests say her liver function is fine. It turns out that's not where the cancer started. It is actually colo/rectal cancer that has spread to the liver. It is in the lymph system too. (And yes, even with a huge tumor, she was still having regular movements, although now she is on an all liquid diet.)
She is taking the news straightforward and is telling people to pray for God's will to be done. Not that she wouldn't appreciate a miracle of total healing, but as she says, "What God has planned for me has always been better than any ideas I've decided on my own."
She is not Catholic, but I'm sure she holds a special place in Jesus's heart. She has always felt she had a special relationship with God, and is definitely Christian. She was born the same year as me. She's only 55.
:cry: :cry:
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for Janet Carpenter

Post by Denise » Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:21 pm

Prayers for Janet.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for Janet Carpenter

Post by MarieT » Fri Aug 09, 2024 1:14 am

prayers for Janet also.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord