Benedict XVI: A supremely liturgical Pope

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:44 am

(Vatican Radio) One of the lasting legacies of Benedict XVI’s pontificate will be the mark he has left on the Liturgy as it is celebrated today. In short, he has re-focused our attention on how we, as Catholics, celebrate our faith in the light of tradition.

From his highly discussed 2007 Motu Proprio, Summorum Pontififcum, to his approval of the equally debated New English Language translation of the Roman Missal; from his elimination of all rites and gestures that are not specifically sacramental in nature from Papal liturgies to his recent changes to rites for the beginning of a pontificate, the "Ordo Rituum pro Ministerii Petrini Initio Romae Episcopi”, Benedict XVI has brought the Universal Churches’ focus back to prayer and the Eucharist, the source and summit of what makes us Church. In a way Benedict XVI has been a supremely liturgical Pope.
complete articl
long life to Pope Benedict XVI
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:16 pm

This is one of Benedict's most important legacies.. imho.. not only in the Motu Proprio.. but in the restored focus on the Mass as the central instrument of the Church.. for all of its ministries.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9