Aun unfortunate tendency

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Aun unfortunate tendency

Post by Denise » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:07 am

One unfortunate tendency within our fallen human nature is to “murmur” about another.  It’s like a virus in that once someone starts, it passes to others quickly.  Before you know it, many can be spreading rumors and gossip not based in truth, or truths not spoken in charity.  This can be very painful to the person who the murmuring is about.  We see this commonly among teens, but it is not exclusively a teenage phenomena.  The two questions to ponder in this regard are: 1) Do I murmur about others?  2) How do I react when others murmur about me?  First of all, the virus of murmuring will only be cured if people of integrity cease to speak unnecessary words or calumny or detraction.  We have no right to spread errors about another, and we have no right to spread truths that do not need to be shared.  Second, if you find yourself to be the object of the murmuring of others, it’s understandable that this will hurt.  Allow yourself to feel the hurt, unite it to the Heart of our Lord, and then move on without returning the mistreatment.  A peaceful resolve to pay no attention to these actions helps to dispel their effects and it keeps us from being drawn into the foolishness (See Diary 1453).
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales