Attentiveness to the Value of Suffering

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun May 28, 2017 9:09 am

All my life, when something emotional or physical would happen to me, my dad would say, "Offer it up!" He explained to me what the statement meant and I embraced it.

Sunday, May 28, 2017

When we suffer, we look for a way out.    We seek relief.    But from Heaven, we will be able to look back and see the immense power of freely chosen and embraced suffering.    It’s not that suffering is good in and of itself; rather, it’s that suffering has been redeemed and endowed with a spiritual power by God as a result of the sufferings of Christ.    Therefore, if you trust in the Lord, let Him reveal to you, here and now, the great value of your suffering freely embraced.    By embracing every hardship that comes your way, you will be making an offering to God that can only be understood by grace.    This will not make sense to the world, but it will become a powerful weapon of Mercy through which the Lord will do great things to you and through you, He will flood the world with His grace.    Do not wait until Heaven to become aware of this sacred gift of the redemption of your inner suffering offered in confident prayer to God (See Diary #963).
Are you aware of the power of your suffering when you freely unite it to the sufferings of Christ?    Does this make sense to you?    This realization is only possible by grace and is only embraced by that same grace.    Reflect, today, upon what you do suffer interiorly and do not shy away from it.    Face it, embrace it and love it.    For in that holy embrace,  God will work wondrously in and through your life.

Lord, make me attentive to the value of all I suffer in my soul.    Help me to see this as a gift of Your Divine Mercy.    I recognize the fact that I do not recognize the power in this holy gift.    Give me Your eyes to see my suffering as You see it, and Your Will to embrace it with a holy embrace.    I make this offering to You, this day, dear Lord.    Jesus, I trust in You.

https://divinemercy.life/2017/05/27/ref ... suffering/
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun May 28, 2017 10:18 am

This is something I learned early on as a Catholic. I am still struggling with the lessons, but I keep trying. :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun May 28, 2017 12:33 pm

I am still struggling with the lessons, but I keep trying
God knows your struggles and that you are trying and that is what counts. We can't give up. God blesses your perseverance :D
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon May 29, 2017 10:56 am

thank you
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica