God's Mercy and our Sufferings and Sacrifices

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

God's Mercy and our Sufferings and Sacrifices

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:39 pm

On the Interplay Between God's Mercy and our Sufferings and Sacrifice

Once when St. Faustina asked our Lord for a large number of souls to be converted, He replied: "My daughter too great are your demands." She reminded Him of His need to give much and Our Lord replied: "That is so... but every conversion of a sinful soul demands sacrifice." She replied: "Well Jesus, I offer You this whole-hearted work of mine (crocheting); this offering does not seem to be too small for such a large number of souls. You know Jesus, that for thirty years You were saving souls by just this kind of work. And since holy obedience forbids me to perform great penances and mortifications; therefore I ask You, Lord: accept these mere nothings stamped with the seal of obedience as great things." Then St. Faustina heard our Lord's voice in her soul: "My dear daughter, I comply with your request."...
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales