Roman Missal 1962 New isnt complete?

For the liturgy, "through which the work of our redemption is accomplished," (1) most of all in the divine sacrifice of the Eucharist, is the outstanding means whereby the faithful may express in their lives, and manifest to others, the mystery of Christ and the real nature of the true Church.

SACROSANCTUM CONCILIUM

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Roman Missal 1962 New isnt complete?

Post by MarieT » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:29 am

I recently purchased the Roman Missal 1962 beautiful marone leather volume. My used one is falling apart sadly.

Unfortunately the new one isnt complete...Only the Marriage Ceremony is present but not the other Sacraments.

I'm just worried i cannot change it over for a complete Roman Missal. as i have taken it out of the protective plastic covering.

At the time of purchase I was advised it was the complete Roman Missal (latin and english)..and all the rites of the church.

Should they permit me to swap over to a complete one?
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:17 am

Of course they will permit you to exchange it if they have a conscience at all. It is obvious that they misrepresented the book. If you purchased it online, give the company a call or send an email. If you purchased it locally, just bring in your receipt and tell them what is wrong and that you want it made right.

Taking the wrapper off should not be a problem because unless you take a wrapper off, you can't inspect the goods. :wink:
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:49 am

gosh time flies, i completely forgot about this (March 2014) until i attended a most beautiful Latin Mass at the Cathedral this evening and took my missal there.

was wonderful to see the lace mantilla at mass (i could wear mine without commentary of 'pious showing off' lol) as others wore theirs as well.....and reception of Communion while we knelt and in mouth, instead of by hand as per our Sunday Masses

I had no idea the Latin Mass will now be every Wednesday at the Cathedral....this has made my day.....I always longed to attend but the distance to the only parishes that celebrated was quite long and my poor car would overheat in the aussie summer....

Now at least i can attend once a week the Latin Mass
Thank you Lord for prayers answered
I prayed for all semper fi intentions here also

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 am

(i could wear mine without commentary of 'pious showing off' lol)
It is too sad that so many people out there across the world do not understand veiling. :roll: I wear mine when I enter a Church and the last thing on my mind is what people think. They won't be at the judgement seat with me so I don't care what they think.

Happy that you attended the TLM and will be able to on weekly basis. :D
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:04 pm

yes i agree sis...its sad...
even more sad when some parish priests say its not the norm anymore and that anything that 'brings attention' to oneself, shouldnt detract from the Holy Mass