Left hip replacement

Everyday chit chat. Come in and talk about your hobbies, sports, recipes, vacations, or whatever else you may want to share.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Johnna

Left hip replacement

Post by Johnna » Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:49 pm

I actually have a hip replacement surgery scheduled for my left hip. I'm really kind of frightened of the recovery. I hope I remember to do everything, and that I get the exercises done and I am able to rest as much as I need to etc. But it is just time to do this.
The surgery is going to be anterior, and assisted with a robot arm to place the joint. They give you a spinal even tho you're not awake for the surgery. I'm always nervous about something being put into my spine like that, it's also a little scary. But it will be what it is.

Thursday October 24th is the day. We'll see what happens.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Left hip replacement

Post by Denise » Mon Aug 26, 2024 8:39 am

Prayers will be offered for a complete recovery after a successful surgery. I will jot down the date on my desk calendar so I do not forget to be with you spiritually that day. That is the Feast Day of St. Raphael the Archangel. He is patron of Travelers, The blind, Bodily ills, Happy meetings, Nurses, Physicians, Medical workers, Matchmakers, Mental health, Guardian angels, Shepherds, Pharmacists, and Druggists You will be in good hands! :D
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Mon Aug 26, 2024 7:01 pm

Wow! Guess I will!! I had no idea. Thanks for the reminder that God's got this!!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:33 am

I tried to post yesterday but had some tech issues.

Yes the new form of surgery is less invasive and recovery is much swifter.
Gone are the days of going in laterally and having to dissect the muscle.
Anteriorly is a more appropriate means of surgery and the recover time is much quicker.

Praying all goes well
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord