St. Andre Bessette and the Year of St. Joseph

The greatest friends we have are those who are in heaven cheering us on as we struggle to overcome our sinful nature and live the Christian life.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, KarlB

Denise
Site Admin

St. Andre Bessette and the Year of St. Joseph

Post by Denise » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:19 am

Years ago I read a book about St. Andre when he was still a Blessed. I was telling someone about him who is in a dither about something happening in their life and concerning their job. St. Andre said,

“Indeed one must have faith to rub oneself with a medal…Always hold a medal of St. Joseph in your hand when making a request, having an interview, or transacting an important affair. Holding a medal in one’s hand makes one think more of St. Joseph than wearing it.” (Brother André – The Wonder Man of Mount Royal)

After I read that in the book I attached the bell of my medal to a ring on my finger and it would always be in my palm. I couldn't drop it when I opened my hand because it was attached to my ring. I think I did this until Aniya was born. I don't remember why I quit wearing it that way. Believe me, there is a lot of weight to what St. Andre advised.

Since this is the year of St. Joseph I think it would be very helpful to read about St. Andre and the devotion he had to St. Joseph. He was such a sweet and humble man and you can't help but to fall in love with him. Just carry a medal with you and when you are in dealings with someone take it from your pocket and hold it in your hand.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Re: St. Andre Bessette and the Year of St. Joseph

Post by Johnna » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:29 pm

Awesome advice I'm sure! I want to read about st. Andre now. I do have a St.Joseph medal somewhere, too. :D :D
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica