Please pray for my husband

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my husband

Post by Denise » Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:25 am

We have had some kind of setback. He has been doing great and then Thursday he said he was very weak and stayed in bed most of the afternoon. Yesterday he had an appointment set for 1 PM to see the doctors at the clinic. He was in the bathroom cleaning up and had taken a hot shower. I was on the other side of the house and heard a crash and went running in and he was between the cabinet and a room divider I have in front of the tub. He blacked out and when I got to him he was shaking. I thought he was dying. After about ten minutes and putting cold towels on his head and doing whatever I could he finally stood up. He kept saying he would be okay but I stayed right behind him in case he fell. All of a sudden his legs gave out and he was trembling so I helped him lay down and got him a pillow. He finally made it to the bed where he was able to get dressed.

I got him to the clinic and he made it in and they checked him over and said all was fine and that it may have been the hot shower that did it. We got home and he went straight to bed and the next thing I know he is running a fever. He took Tylenol through the night and his temp is under 100. He is waiting for his daily communication from the hospital so he can let them know about the fever.

Please pump up the prayers. He was doing so well.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:49 pm

I will definitely pray. Lord, mercifully hear us!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:11 am

Lord have mercy - what a fright you both must have had.
It could be the chemo reaction
lifted him up at mass again this morning....hope all will be well
Lord mercifully hear our prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:30 pm

Stephen has a bacterial infection in the colon. He has been to the hospital lab three times in two days. They have called in antibiotics that he has to take for two weeks. It is actually contagious so I am bleaching everything down and I always wear gloves in his bathroom so I pray I will be safe. Also he has good hygiene habits so that will be a plus.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:24 am

saddened to hear....sigh :(
Lord hear our prayers

GayleW

Post by GayleW » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:46 am

JMJ

Dear Denise, I hope the antibiotics have kicked is feeling better.
i forgot to tell you, My twin nieces were finally able to visit Charlenes grave . needless to say they were very happy. That was something my sister Margaret had wanted to do.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:31 am

Gayle, he spoke with the doc yesterday and has to get blood drawn today. She said he was dehydrated and has him drinking 80 to 100 oz. of liquids a day. She said if he doesn't get hydrated she will have to put him back in the hospital. I feel so bad for him because I have to treat him like a leper. I am praying so hard that I will be safe from the bacterial infection. So far so good.

I am happy that your nieces were able to visit Charlene's grave. Maybe sister Margaret is holding Charlene's hand.

Here is my mom when we visited in 2008.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:46 pm

Continued prayers. May God keep you safe from infection and heal your poor husband completely.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:50 am

continuing prayers for you both
Been praying the "Our Lady of Good Success Novena" also

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:38 pm

Stephen had a call from the doc's office about his blood test. His red blood cell count is low so tomorrow I have to take him to the clinic to get another CT scan. They are probably going to be looking at his surgery to see if something messed up.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:10 pm

Continued prayers
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

June D

Post by June D » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:10 am

Lord, this is my prayer, Let's get this cleaned up and healed up! AMEN

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:43 pm

continuing prayers with the "Our Lady of Lourdes Novena" now
Holy Mother intercede and shelter Stephen in your holy mantle.

Missed Mass yesterday morning and will again today due to work commitments arggh....but following with the Spiritual Communion prayer.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:10 pm

There is obviously some leaking going on inside of him so Monday he has to go to the hospital and they said something about draining some places. I don't know if they are going to admit him, put him to sleep or what. I suspect that something from surgery is leaking. So, until he goes on Monday we won't know exactly what is going on.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:30 am

:cry:
praying