The "Blessing" of sin?" YES

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

The "Blessing" of sin?" YES

Post by Denise » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm

The “Blessing” of Sin
Tuesday, August 8, 2017

This may seem like an unusual title.  How can sin be a “blessing?”  True, strictly speaking sin is an offense against God and has the effect of separating us from God.  Thus, sin is not a blessing in the strict sense.  But God is All-Powerful and can use everything for His glory, even our sin.  Sin could be spoken of as a blessing only in the sense that when we see our sins, acknowledge them, humble ourselves before God and beg for His Mercy, He bestows it in superabundance.  In the end, the effects of the humility of repentance do far greater good than the damage done through sin.  God can repair the damage immediately, and when He does so, He offers a Mercy that not only heals but also elevates us closer to His Heart.  Allow your sin to be turned into a blessing by the power of God and you will be amazed at His endless Mercy (See Diary #1293).

Reflect upon the attitude you have in regard to your sin.  Too often you may deny your sin, justify it or turn a blind eye to it.  This is a profound mistake for two reasons.  First, doing this keeps you from repenting.  Second, a failure to humbly repent leaves you without the abundant Mercy of God.  Foster within your heart a burning desire to see every sin you commit.  Seek to become aware of every sin, even the smallest imperfections.  Attentiveness even to your spiritual imperfections will enable you to humble yourself before God in such a way that your honesty and thoroughness will bring countless blessings to your life.

Lord Jesus, Son of God, have Mercy on me a sinner.  Lord, I do see my sin but I also realize that I do not see it clearly enough.  Please give me the grace to see my every sin, even the slightest imperfection, and then give me the grace to humbly repent with a sincere and contrite heart.  I trust in Your abundance of Mercy, dear Lord.  Jesus, I trust in You.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales