Benedict's message at Card. Meisner's funeral

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Benedict's message at Card. Meisner's funeral

Post by Denise » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:36 am

he's still got it !
What particularly impressed me in that last talk with the retired Cardinal, was the loosened joy, the inner joy, and the confidence he had found. We know that this passionate shepherd and pastor found it difficult to leave his post, especially at a time in which the Church stands in particularly pressing need of convincing shepherds who can resist the dictatorship of the spirit of the age and who live and think the faith with determination. However, what moved me all the more was that, in this last period of his life, he learned to let go and to live out of a deep conviction that the Lord does not abandon His Church, even when the boat has taken on so much water as to be on the verge of capsizing.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Lord, we thank thee for the testimony of thy servant Joachim
Amen.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:15 pm

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Benedict spoke of Cardinal Meisner’s passing, saying he was moved at the dubia cardinal's ability to "live out of a deep conviction that the Lord does not abandon His Church, even when the boat has taken on so much water as to be on the verge of capsizing."

The Pope Emeritus prefaced his warning, saying, “The Church stands in particularly pressing need of convincing shepherds who can resist the dictatorship of the spirit of the age and who live and think the faith with determination.”
.. and amen!
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9