Profound Peace

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Profound Peace

Post by Denise » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:13 am

I have wasted many of God’s graces because I was always afraid of being deluded.   God drew me to Himself so powerfully that often it was not in my power to resist His grace when I was suddenly immersed in Him.   At these moments, Jesus filled me with such great peace that, later on, even when I tried to become uneasy, I could not do so.   And then, I heard these words in my soul:   In order that you may be assured that it is I who am demanding all these things of you, I will give you such profound peace that even if you wanted to feel troubled and frightened, it would not be in your power to do so today, but love will flood your soul to the point of self-oblivion (Diary, 143).

Jesus looked at me kindly and said, My daughter, do not be afraid of sufferings; I am with you (Diary, 151).
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales