Does this really achieve something?

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

CameronA

Does this really achieve something?

Post by CameronA » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:12 am

HI all.
Ive been following this site for many years now and although 98% of the content is truelly attractive and uplifting, I just cannot get my mind around states in the US that openly not only condone capital punishment but also are revitted to its conception and happenings.
I cant think of a more barbaric way to "punish" someone. No-where in the Bible does it say in the New Testament anyway- that its spiritualy correct to kill or murder as punishment. Anyone who finds this form of deterent positive, could be almost branded as sick themselves and in desperate need of medical AND spiritual love and guidance from Jesus Himself!
I wouldnt like to count on lots and lots of hands just how many innocent people have been sacrificed in this way.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Cameron. I don't really understand what you are asking here. Are you asking if this prayer forum achieves something, or if the death penalty achieves something?

Thanks
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:53 am

Hi Denise, I am making reference to the death penalty in countries throughout the world. I seems so ghastly and anti- what Christ stood for. :(

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:33 am

I agree Cameron. I think that removing someone from society, who is a danger to the public is all that should be done. Like PJPII said, it is almost impossible for us not to be able to contain such persons. If they can be contained then there is no reason to kill them.

So many have been falsely accused and found innocent and released, but so many that have been put to death were found innocent after they were murdered. How many were put to death and were innocent, but it was never proven they were?

IMHO, the removal of life from this earth is God's business, not ours.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:23 pm

I totally agree, Denise. Well said. :)
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:45 am

Beautifully said guys...... I pray every night for those incarceratered.