prayers 4 Emeritus Pope Benedict

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

prayers 4 Emeritus Pope Benedict

Post by MarieT » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:51 am

I'm having a bad feeling after reading this article....comments regarding the Holy Emeritus Pope ...by Arch. Ganswein....
(Vatican Radio) The Prefect of the Papal Household and private secretary to Pope-emeritus Benedict XVI, Archbishop Georg Ganswein, has given an in-depth interview to Italian television, in which he discusses issues .... and the former Pope’s ongoing dialogue of prayer, in preparation for his meeting with Our Lord.
Archbishop Ganswein told Mediaset’s La strada dei miracoli programme, “It is clear that a man who soon will turn 88 should be thinking about this.” He continued, “His is a Christian art – because preparing for death means preparing to meet the LORD, and this is a decisive meeting.”
source

Storming Heaven with prayers for the Holy Emeritus Pope
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:05 am

Actually we should all be thinking about death. Like a thief in the night HE will come for us. My step-dad is 91 and in perfect health except for his eyes. He keeps his death before his eyes constantly.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales