How beautiful they are!

Pope Benedict XVI

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

How beautiful they are!

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:13 pm

How beautiful are these two holy men. I miss them! I find myself talking to Pope St. John Paul II and asking his intercession. He can hear me. His intercession for me before the Throne of God was fulfilled two years after his death. I have to smile sometimes when I think about sending my guardian angel to him while he was alive, asking the angel to give him a holy kiss for me and ask him to pray for my family. Now he knows where that angel came from, lol. I pray for Pope Benedict to be safe and surrounded by the mantel of the Blessed Mother and the Holy Angels.

Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:23 pm

it was a very sad day of world wide mourning when we lost saint john paul II

i pray Pope Emeritus Benedict lives a long healthy life
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:16 am

I miss JPII too. I felt so lost and alone without him during the time when BenedictXVI wasn't pope yet. And I cried when Benedict resigned, asking God WHY? especially during lent.

I had originally thought I'd ask JPII for all sorts of intercession. I guess perhaps sloth snuck up on me the way it can. Thank you, Denise for the reminder that this saint listens.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica