Saint Expedite Prayer for Urgent Needs

The greatest friends we have are those who are in heaven cheering us on as we struggle to overcome our sinful nature and live the Christian life.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, KarlB

Denise
Site Admin

Saint Expedite Prayer for Urgent Needs

Post by Denise » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:06 pm

(This prayer is to be said daily until your request is granted, be sure to publish this prayer thanking Saint Expedite, so that his name and glory will grow.)

Saint Expedite, you lay in rest.
I come to you and ask that this petition be granted.

(Mention your urgent request)

Saint Expedite now what I ask of you. Saint Expedite now what I want of you, this very second.
Don’t waste another day.
Grant me what I ask for.
I know your power, I know you because of your work.
I know you can help me.
Do this for me and I will spread your name with love and honor so that it will be invoked again and again.
Expedite this petition with speed, love, honor, and goodness.
Glory to you, Saint Expedite!

NOTE: Saint Expedite is the patron saint of those who hope for rapid solutions to problems, who wish to avoid or put an end to delays, and who want general or immediate financial help.

Not much info is available on St. Expedite

The most popular and accepted one is about him being a Roman soldier back in the days of the Christian persecution.

During his service, he witnessed the martyrdom of several Christians at the hands of their persecutors, and was so taken by their humility, faith, and their requests that their persecutors be forgiven even as their persecutors tortured and killed them, that he chose to convert to Christianity – a choice that caused him to be imprisoned and ultimately killed for his beliefs.
He is generally depicted as a Roman soldier stepping on a raven who is saying “Cras” (tomorrow) while holding a cross that says “Hodie” (today.)
This comes from before St Expedite was martyred, Satan came to him in the form of a raven saying “Convert tomorrow, convert tomorrow,” and St Expedite refused, insisting he be baptized a Christian that very same day and crushed the raven under his feet. The day after, he was martyred for his Christian faith.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Saint Expedite Prayer for Urgent Needs

Post by Denise » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:48 pm

2/8/2021

Thank you St. Expedite for answering my prayers in quite the speedy fashion! I hope anyone that is in need of immediate help petition you for it!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:20 am

St. Expedite, thank you for a speedy answer to our prayers that my daughter would test negative for covid and she did!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:00 pm

As well as Jesus taking care of everything for me concerning my home and my will, St. Expedite was petitioned also and in a matter of a couple hours my prayers were granted in the best possible way. Thank you Jesus and St. Expedite

I am so happy that I was able to get a statue of this precious saint and he is looking at me as I type. :D

June D

Post by June D » Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 pm

St. Expedite has definitely answered my prayer! Working third shift takes such a toll, so I petitioned St. Expedite for help. I have a second interview for a second shift job. Same company. Thank you St. Expedite!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:07 pm

HAPPY FEAST DAY!

June D

Post by June D » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:16 pm

Things take time. I'm waiting for the company to get the results of the background check and drug tests, with that I will get my start date. Thank you St. Expedite!

St. Expedite also answered my prayers for my twin sister. Her covid test wasn't a problem. Now we pray the results get back in a decent timely fashion to get her on the plane back to the states. She is in the Ukraine. Thank you St. Expedite!

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:18 pm

St. Expedite helped me get the prescription I needed when I was having trouble getting it. He even let me see what was in the way so that if it ever happens again, I know what to do. Thank you St Expedite!!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:52 pm

👍 So happy he helped you and June too. She and I both prayed about her new job. I don't think there is one time I have called on him and he ignored my request to petition God for me. He works quick. June and I both bought a statue of him and Fr. Paul blessed mine. :) Our Lady and Jesus must love him tremendously.

June D

Post by June D » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:20 pm

Thank you St. Expedite! I did start the job May 3rd. I also prayed to him to help me with a video I had taken of Denise's granddaughter, Aniya's first dance at her wedding. Today was successful! Thank you St. Expedite! I share him all the time! I agree with Denise, Jesus and Our Blessed Mother must love him tremendously.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Thanks be to God
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 am

I have had St. Expedite very busy lately. I don't think I can name one petition to him that has not had a good resolution.

My latest petition was for my poor husband. Thursday on the way home from work his truck overheated and he said antifreeze was leaking out. He pretty much knew what the problem was after investigating when he got home. I am so glad he made it home. Anyway to make sure he'd found the problem we have a friend that is a mechanic and he came over and confirmed what the problem was and told Stephen that it may be pricy to fix it. I started asking St. Expedite to help Stephen with this problem. After doing some research on it Stephen figured out what he had to do. He had to remove a lot of things to get to the leak. There was a broken pipe from the intake to the heater hose that was leaking the antifreeze. The actual part that needed to be replaced was nowhere to be found so Stephen looked real close to see exactly how it was made and he went to Home Depot and bought some plumbing supplies and BINGO, problem solved with cheap plumbing parts. TRUCK IS FIXED! 😁 Thank you St. Expedite

GayleW

Post by GayleW » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:55 am

JMJ

Thank you St. Expedite especially on Tuesday. i wanted to make a visit to the Blessed Sacrament and say prayers in making reparation to the Holy Face of Jesus. i couldn,t find any of my literature that i have. i found whati wanted in five minutes after saying the prayer. i thought I'd go to the Cistercian chapel but I accidently passed my turn and realized it when suddenly I was at UD. I went there and WOW there was exposition of the Bl
essed Sacrament. Divine Providence!!!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:04 am

👍 St. Expedite goes above and beyond. 😇😀 I thank him daily for his intercession for me and anyone else who asks him to help.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun May 01, 2022 10:38 am

In the last several months there have been many petitions asked and answered through the intercession of St. Expedite. JuneD has a great story to tell of intercessory prayers from St. Expedite when she gets the time. She can tell it better than I can. It concerns her husband and we were both praying hard. I hope she post about it soon.

More recently was about my brother who had a knee replacement surgery. All of that is healing well but he seemed to be having trouble with the bowels. He called me on the way to the emergency room and told me and I immediately called June and we asked St. Expedite to pray. Dale was in the hospital about 5 or 6 hours and I spoke to him when he got home. I was expecting them to keep him because of what he described to me. Well, THEY FOUND NOTHING! 😊 They did suggest he go to a gastro doc so we shall see if they find NOTHING.

Thank you, St. Expedite for your wonderful intercession.