Oct 22nd St. Pope JPII

The greatest friends we have are those who are in heaven cheering us on as we struggle to overcome our sinful nature and live the Christian life.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT, Denise, KarlB

Denise
Site Admin

Oct 22nd St. Pope JPII

Post by Denise » Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:07 am

“I plead with you – never, ever give up on hope, never doubt, never tire, and never become discouraged. Be not afraid.”

— Pope John Paul II

“Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.”

“Let us remember the past with gratitude, live the present with enthusiasm, and look forward to the future with confidence.”

“Life with Christ is a wonderful adventure.”

“Do not be afraid. Open wide the doors to Christ.”

“Nobody is so poor he has nothing to give, and nobody is so rich he has nothing to receive.”

“We are not the sum of our weaknesses and failures, we are the sum of the Father’s love for us and our real capacity to become the image of His Son Jesus.”

“Do not be afraid to be holy! Have the courage and humility to present yourselves to the world determined to be holy, since full, true freedom is born from holiness.”

“Do not abandon yourselves to despair. We are the Easter people and hallelujah is our song.”

— Pope John Paul II
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Oct 22nd St. Pope JPII

Post by MarieT » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:36 am

a great Pope....miss him so much.....Pope Benedict filled the void....but missing him now while he is in seclusion at the monastery
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Oct 22nd St. Pope JPII

Post by Denise » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:32 am

I miss Papa JPII so much. I remember the day he was elected; I was pregnant with Nichole and had just stopped to fill my car up with gas. I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when he was elected and where I was and what I was doing when he passed. Actually he passed on Stephen's birthday.

When I would see him on the TV I always cried and that was strange. It was like looking at Jesus and hearing his voice through the Pope. I still shed tears when I see his picture or hear his voice. I asked his intercession for something very important and he prayed for me and what I was asking for happened. 😄 I will always be thankful. I remember when he was alive I used to ask my guardian angel to go and tell his guardian angel(s) to tell him how much I loved him. St. Pio said your angel is supposed to do what you ask them to do as long as it is in conformity with God's will. So, I am sure my message was delivered. :wink:
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales