ALL SOULS, PURGATORY & PRAYERS FOR THE DEAD

This forum is intended to be a safe place for non-Catholics AND Catholics to ask questions about Catholicism and Catholic teachings. Here you can read about the faith from faithful, practicing Catholics, ask them your questions, and start to find out exactly what being a Catholic is all about. (Questions and discussions on matters of faith are to be kept respectful and non-inflammatory.)

Moderators: Johnna, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

ALL SOULS, PURGATORY & PRAYERS FOR THE DEAD

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:02 am

A reflection on the Solemnity of All Souls, November 2, touching on the mystery of death and the afterlife including heaven, hell, and purgatory, and the validity of prayers for the dead.

https://www.crossroadsinitiative.com/me ... 3e68310bb1
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: ALL SOULS, PURGATORY & PRAYERS FOR THE DEAD

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:31 am

just completed the Holy Souls in Purgatory Novena
all intentions for our faithfully departed were included
Mass was offered today also for them (Denise i didnt know your mum's surname so put on the Mass request card "Denise's mum and brothers and deceased family members) ...The Lord knows who I meant.
may they rest in eternal peace.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Re: ALL SOULS, PURGATORY & PRAYERS FOR THE DEAD

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

How very sweet Marie. She was born Margaret Richard (Ree-shard). Married dad and was a Bordelon. He passed and 4 years later she met married Henry Norris.
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/202 ... lon_norris
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales