Divine Office Info. Please?

This forum is intended to be a safe place for non-Catholics AND Catholics to ask questions about Catholicism and Catholic teachings. Here you can read about the faith from faithful, practicing Catholics, ask them your questions, and start to find out exactly what being a Catholic is all about. (Questions and discussions on matters of faith are to be kept respectful and non-inflammatory.)

Moderators: Johnna, Denise

CameronA

Divine Office Info. Please?

Post by CameronA » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:16 pm

Hi guys....its been a while since I've been online. :oops: Im just wondering as Im new to the Divine Office prayers if anyone knows out there where a website exists where I can obtain some info on the Divine Office prayers, history, and spirituality? :? Im having all sorts of problems as its so very complicated and there must be a user friendly site out there somewhere?
Thanks everyone and God bless....Cameron.

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm

I mean something even a dummy like me can read and comprehend... :wink:

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Cameron, so nice to see you here. . If this doesn't help let me know and I will try again.

The Divine Office for *Dodos*

* Devout, Obedient Disciples of Our Savior

A Step-by-Step Guide to Praying the Liturgy of the Hours (third edition

http://www.divineofficefordodos.com/

AND
http://www.universalis.com/

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:16 am

Thanks very much Denise. I have already looked at this but you'll find you have to purchase the information. I was hoping to get the info off the net for free :wink:

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:17 am

The second link (universalis) has the office for free too. It is what I use if I have need to pray the office. I have a book, but it confuses me as to which page to turn to etc. The only thing is that at this website, it is all done for you. If you are trying to learn for yourself which pages to turn to in the book, you will not learn that there. The paid part of the website has more translations, downloads, daily emails, apps, etc. But I don't mind just using the webpage every day. The links for the office only like to that day are in the upper right hand corner.

I'm glad to see you here. You should check in more often and post from time to time. :D
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Thank you so much Jo'. I'll do that and have a look at the website. Its great to be back. Ive been so busy lately and with work Ive been all over the place. Hopefully Im back for good. :D Again I say thanks to you and Denise. God bless you and everyone there. Cam.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Cameron, hope you stick around now.

Listen, all the bad weather in Australia, is your family okay? Also, MarieT, our other administrator lives in Australia and we have not heard from her since before Christmas. We are terribly worried about her. How can we find out if she is alright? A member here thinks she found Marie on facebook but there has been no entries there since December 15th.

Blessings
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi Denise, Im not sure about Marie. Melbourne is a long way south from here. I know they didnt cop it as bad as we did here. I faired ok but our suburb here, Goodna, was one of the worst hit. We lost our entire shopping and business centre to the worst floods since 1974. I know so many people who lost their houses. But because Goodna is a moderately low Socia- economic area, we recieved help last and recieved little media representation which made a lot of the locals very angry and you cant blame them! It seems a class system is developing here. I hope you can locate Marie though! Maybe she moved? I'll pray for her too. God bless you all over there.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:08 am

Thanks Cam. I am so worried about Marie. Knowing her, she probably went to help those in need. That is the way she is. I just pray she is safe.

It had only been several months since she lost her beloved father when this storm hit, so either she is without use of a computer or she just doesn't want to be in communication with anyone. She was having a tough time emotionally after she lost her dad.

I am so glad you are alright, Cameron. I know what you mean when you said,
It seems a class system is developing here.
Sad, very sad.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:52 am

Cameron, here is another link.
http://www.traditio.com/off.htm

CameronA

Post by CameronA » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:30 pm

:D Thank you so much Denise. That one is great!!! Could you keep posting them when you find them please? I would appreciate it very much. Again thanks very much and God bless you all. Cam. :D

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:29 pm

I will be more than happy to post them for you. :D

Blessings
Denise