Bill Graham

This forum is a place to discuss issues regarding NFP (Natural Family Planning) and related subjects. It is a place not only to talk about the mechanics of NFP, but also about the moral and physical dangers of contraception as well as the joys and blessings of children and families. As in the other forums, the teachings of the Catholic Church are to be respected. Keep conversation adult and polite.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu May 12, 2005 12:51 am

The sad thing is that there are many who would consider even the response you got to be an extreme view. Many people just don't know. It was a bit encouraging to hear them mention that the pill can cause an abortion. This was something that just was NOT talked about as much as it is now. It is something that needs to get out there. I even wrote to the Silent No More campaign to send them my personal testimony on how I regret ever taking the pill. It is my understanding that they are gathering testimonies of people who regret taking abortificient pills. If you know anyone who might also want to share a testimony (even anonymously), they go to the Silent No More website and send an email. http://silentnomoreawareness.org/
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu May 12, 2005 7:25 am

Yep! Even sites that look great are sometimes linked to :evil: . I don't know if they don't take the time to read what they are linked to or if they are just ignorant.

Blessings
Denise

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu May 12, 2005 7:32 am

Wow. I know that the silent no more campaign is a good thing. I guess I should have researched the links on the site a bit more before just linking there. :oops: It takes time to research all the links, and I guess that I shouldn't just assume the site owners are going to do it. :?
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu May 12, 2005 7:59 am

I learned several years ago that when I go to a site for the first time, I go directly to their links to see what they are. Ignorant birds of a feather............... :?

blessings
Denise

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu May 12, 2005 5:39 pm

I found this on the website that is in question.
Does Nightlight encourage the creation and freezing of embryos?

No, we are trying to provide a solution to a problem that already exists. We hope that as people begin in-vitro fertilization, they will in fact limit the number of embryos they create so that there is not a surplus. We would really prefer to work ourselves out of a job!
It would be much better if people weren't practicing in-vetro fertilization at all. Not just if they limit the number of embryos they create. That is the flaw in the logic. Creation of embryos is to be kept to the sacramental marrige act as God created it to be. I can easily see how this could create a market in embryos. :evil:

What I am wondering is, now that the embryos are created and sitting there frozen, what is to be done with them? Is this a solution to a problem, or just creating a market for embryos?
Last edited by Johnna on Thu May 12, 2005 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu May 12, 2005 6:58 pm

I am waiting to see what reply you are going to get. It will certainly be interesting. I am sure they may be quick to point out that NOEL is the one linking to the site, not Priests for Life. We'll see.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica