JuneD's husband Joe just passed away

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

JuneD's husband Joe just passed away

Post by Denise » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:08 pm

What a shock! They were having a rehearsal dinner at their home and Joe collapsed. She called me crying and all she said was, "Pray Divine Mercy chaplet for Joe, he is dying", and she hung up. I immediately prayed the chaplet for him and a bit later she called me and he was in an ambulance and she was in there with him but couldn't talk because the responder was asking her questions so she was going to call me back. I called her to tell her Fr. Paul was offering the Mass and rosary for them and she was calm and trying to get to the hospital. I asked her if he ever came to and she said no. A little bit later she sent a text and it said, "He is gone".

Please pray for dear June and her family. My heart aches for my dear friend.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: JuneD's husband Joe just passed away

Post by MarieT » Sat Jun 08, 2024 8:28 am

:cry: may Joe rest in eternal peace through the mercy of God and may Juney and family feel the Lord sustaining them through all this

so saddened by the news
prayers for all
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Jun 08, 2024 10:23 am

She just called me. She needs all our prayers at this time concerning her future. I wish I wasn't so far away from her. She said his heart just quit. There were a couple of RNs at the dinner and they tried to revive him but nothing was working. An EMT lives next door and he came and tried until the ambulance got there. June said that she thinks he was already gone while still at home.

I feel so helpless and all I can do is continue to pray. She is like a sister to me.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Jun 08, 2024 5:02 pm

your prayers are important and you are doing all you can

May God in His mercy continue to sustain her and you through all this

Off to Sunday Mass soon, praying for both of you and offering my Communion for you both also

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:56 am

Thank you, Marie. 🙏

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:56 am

Please pray for June. Joe isn't even buried yet and the vultures are circling, if you know what I mean. Anyway, God knows what is happening so please ask the Father in Jesus' Name to keep June safe. Thanks

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Jun 13, 2024 6:19 pm

may June feel our merciful Lord surrounding, protecting and consoling her through this difficult time

In my prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:58 pm

Joseph Gene Dorn Obituary

Joseph G. Dorn, age 69, of Neenah passed away unexpectedly at his home on Friday June 7, 2024. Joe was born on October 11, 1954 son of the late Walter and Lucille (DeBruin) Dorn. Joe was a very accomplished man having an Associate Degree in Marketing and degree in Hotel Management and General Sales. He was also nominated by Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society to be on the National Dean’s list. He was a Journeyman Ironworker, a member of the Local 8 Ironworkers Union and was employed at Neenah Foundry for 25 years. He also enjoyed his time with Habitat for Humanity. Joe loved to work on his house and property. He loved nature and believed deeply in the soul. He was an avid labor worker and real estate owner. Joe was warm, compassionate and deeply supportive for his family as well as wildlife.

Joe married June Swietlicki on June 10, 1994 and she survives him. He is also survived by his youngest son Paul (Veronica) Dorn and three sons by a previous marriage; Nathan Dorn (Patrick Rogalski) and Jon Dorn; grandchildren Fox and Cameron Dorn; brothers, Donald (Kathy), Ronald (Virginia), Randy (Debra), Danny (Julie) and Larry (Lola) Dorn, and a sister, Susan (Dean) Meyer. He is further survived by sisters-in-law, Joanne (Stephan) Van Rossum, Marie Ostorero and Sonja Petersen. He was preceded in death by an infant son and a son Brian.

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesday June 18, 2024 at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church 516 DePere St., Menasha. Visitation will be at the church from 9:00 a.m. until the time of services. Burial will be in St. Mary Cemetery Menasha.

The family would like to thank everyone who gave life saving measures to Joe including the First Responders and Nurses Ariel Dennis and Jason Gunderman. June would also like to give a humble thank you to Joe’s sister-in-law Joanne and daughter-in-law Veronica for all the help they have been. A memorial is being established.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:04 am

our prayers and thoughts with you Juney

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:12 pm

Definitely praying for you Juney. And for the repose of Joe's soul.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica