St. Pio's Counsels and Exhortations

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

St. Pio's Counsels and Exhortations

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:36 am

This small booklet is a treasure. It is quite old now and published before Padre Pio was canonized. It belonged to my mother. I will post a snippet on a daily basis.
IMG_1641.JPG
IMG_1641.JPG (60.55 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
IMG_1656.JPG
IMG_1656.JPG (120.37 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: St. Pio's Counsels and Exhortations

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:38 am

The Love of God

You must speak to Jesus also with your heart, beside with the lips; indeed, in certain cases you must speak to Him only with the heart.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:33 am

My daughter, may Jesus be always the center of our aspirations , sustain us with his grace, enlighten our mind and warm our hearts always with new love for Him. Behold, this is the synthesis of all my desire which I place assiduously before Jesus for you and for me. May Jesus in His infinite goodness listen to them and grant them.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:25 pm

wonderful
thank you

its another 'nudge' for me to revisit an ebook i purchased years ago re Padre Pio's Spiritual Direction throughout the year: 365 daily commentary for the year -

life, busy-ness, studies have sure made me wish for more than 24 hours in a day but could we survive more?

God knows best
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:17 am

A pure soul is synonymous with a heart full of love for God.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:33 pm

beautiful
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:24 am

The Heart of our Divine Master has no more amiable law than that of sweetness, humility, charity. Often place your confidence in Divine Providence and be assured that sooner heaven and earth shall pass away than that the Lord neglect to protect you.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 24, 2023 8:06 am

Thank and sweetly kiss the hand of God that strikes you, because it is always the hand of the Father who strikes you because He loves you.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:27 am

My past, O Lord, to Your Mercy; my present, to Your love; my future, to Your providence.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Dec 26, 2023 7:33 am

You must always have prudence and love. Prudence has the eyes. Love has the legs. Love which has the legs would like to run to God, but its impulse to rush toward Him is blind and at times might stumble, if it were not guided by prudence which has the eyes. When prudence sees that love could become unbridled, it loans its eyes to love. In this way, love restrains itself and, guided by prudence, acts as it should and not as it would like.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:29 am

God loves man with an infinite love and when He punishes, He does so with reverence, almost fearing to hurt.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:47 am

Always live under the eyes of the Good Shepherd and you will walk unharmed through evil pastures.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:52 am

God can reject anything in a creature conceived in sin and which bears the indelible impression inherited from Adam. But, he absolutely cannot reject the sincere desire to love Him.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:55 am

Are we sufficient of ourselves to form one holy desire without grace? Certainly not! Faith teaches us this. If in a soul there is nothing else but the longing to love its God, everything else is there already, because God is not present where there is no desire of His Love. Say to God: Do You want greater love from me? I have no more; give me more, therefore, and I will offer it to You.
Don't doubt. God will accept this offer.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:57 am

Have you not for sometime loved the Lord? Do you not love Him now? Therefore: Do not fear! Even conceded that you had committed all the sins of the world, Jesus repeats to you: Many sins are forgiven you because you have loved much!