Prayers for my 99 year old stepdad please

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for my 99 year old stepdad please

Post by MarieT » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:15 pm

bless him
God's speed for his healing
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:52 pm

Thanks so much for all the prayers for Henry. He will be moving to an aftercare center for physical therapy. A place was chosen that allows a family member to stay with them around the clock. Some places don't allow other than specified visiting hours. I am so happy about it; Henry is blind and almost 100 years old.

Anyway he is trying so hard to gain all his strength back so he can function again.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:19 pm

a true model of faith and courage

God bless him and grant him healing and through the intercession of Santa Lucia, may he be able to see again.
God's speed

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:12 am

Stephen went to see Henry yesterday. He is in a PT clinic and is struggling to do the therapy. He said Henry looks rough. Henry told me that he didn't know pain could be so terrible; he has never in his almost 100 years suffered any kind of pain like this. Sometimes we wonder why God doesn't take him but Henry may be suffering his purgatory on this earth; I pray so. He prays all the time and has most of his life. I know he has offered the suffering up for Dale's soul and I am thankful for that. Also he offers for the Holy Souls.

The nuns are supposed to come and visit him today and he is tickled about that. I asked my step-sister to please take pics of them surrounding Henry. That will be a treasure for sure.

Thank you for the continued prayers for dear Henry.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:02 pm

Sorry to hear Henry is in such pain.
What an exceptional human being to offer it all up always for the Blessed Souls and Dale's soul.
May our merciful Lord reward him abundantly and through the souls who are released through purgatory may they help his pain management

In my prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:59 am

It seems that Henry is getting worse and the pain is so excruciating that he told me he started hollering. In all his years he has never been through this kind of thing. He called me Tuesday and told me they had him in a wheelchair and were rolling him to PT and when he hollered they told him to pray. He said he started praying as loud as he could, Hail Mary, Our Father, Divine Mercy, Glory Be and any other prayers that came to mind. I am thinking they meant silently but he may have taught them a thing or three. He chuckled about it but he meant every prayer he offered.

His desire is to go back to St. Joseph Residence and be able to die there. Please pray along with him. He misses deeply going to the chapel daily and going to Holy Mass although he does watch EWTN from the clinic. The good thing is that he has round the clock care by family members. Four of my step siblings out of eight of them are taking turns staying days at a time. They haven't wanted to bother us because of the loss of Dale. Henry is also sad he couldn't go to the Memorial.

Thanks for all the prayers!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:26 pm

oh my - thinking he was improving
so saddened to hear
will pray for him during our Lectio prayer gathering this morning and during masses i attend

its wonderful the care provided for Henry

In my prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:36 pm

Prayers are being answered. I just got this update from my step-brother.

Hello
He had a good day.
OT came to room and got him to do exercises while sitting on side of bed. PT session went well also. He actually was strong enough to get into wheel chair and go to Gym and do exercises.
Saturday 12/9 he will be going back to St. Joe's. He still has huddles to overcome but with God's help his is making slow and steady progress.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:23 pm

thats wonderful - bless his heart

prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:35 pm

Henry was moved back to St. Joseph's Residence yesterday. We went to Dallas this morning and attended Mass there and then walked down to his new room, which is downstairs. He still has his large room upstairs. He looks very weak and is going downhill quickly. He still has his mind though. Fr. Francis came into his room after Mass and gave him Holy Communion and that made him very happy. His favorite treat is a Wendy's Frosty and there happens to be one very close by so Stephen went there and bought him a Frosty. He tried so hard to eat it but it made him cold so he stopped. I guess he had three or four spoons full. Poor man!

Please continue to pray for him. He is asking God to let him die in his sleep. :cry:

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Dec 10, 2023 6:47 pm

:cry:
poor henry
prayers continuing

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:22 am

Miracles never cease! Henry was able to actually sit in the wheelchair and he was able to attend Mass on Saturday and Sunday and will most likely be there again today. Wow, amazing.
Henry old room desk 12 30 2023.jpg
Henry old room desk 12 30 2023.jpg (65.58 KiB) Viewed 1053 times

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:37 pm

God bless him
he is a beacon of hope for all

thanks be to God for Henry's recovery and improvement

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:33 pm

Henry has been taken tot he hospital. His blood pressure is extremely low and other vitals are not good. Can you pray the DM chaplet for him. Thanks

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:58 am

praying for Henry
Lord mercifully hear our prayers