Please pray for my brother, Dale

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my brother, Dale

Post by MarieT » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:51 pm

a beautiful tribute to someone who sounds so special - thank you for sharing
we continue to pray for Dale
and mass was offered in Australia for the repose of his soul.

may he rest in eternal peace and through the mercy of God may you all be comforted during this difficult time
in my prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:25 pm

Thank you, Marie! ✝
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

June D

Post by June D » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:57 am

Oh Denise, How special, blessed are these words!
Joe and I have been praying daily for Dales soul.
We also pray for you!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:19 am

Thank you June and Joe! Prayers are very much needed. Poor Savannah, who is only 26, is a basket case. Dakota has been left to handle almost everything and that is a lot. The wonderful thing is that so many knowledgeable people have offered to help in any way possible. That is a comfort.

The church that will host the service only holds about 750 people. They predict rain that day and I am praying that doesn't happen. So many loved Dale that there may be people standing out side in the parking lot. I am thankful that there will be three services...the one in Louisiana will be packed too.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:57 pm

praying with you during this difficult time
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:49 pm

We had the first of his three memorial services yesterday. It went well. St. Expedite came through several times. I even have Dakota praying to him. 😊 The next memorial is in Louisiana and then another one back in Texas. It is going to be a long road and I am still not believing he is gone. From the time he went into the hospital to the time he passed it was six weeks and now it has been two weeks and two days he has been gone. Eight and a half weeks has flown by and it seems like a week. I feel like I am in a tailspin.
IMG_1490.JPG
IMG_1490.JPG (44.75 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG (45.12 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_1500.JPG
IMG_1500.JPG (60.67 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_1501.JPG
IMG_1501.JPG (54.27 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_1504.JPG
IMG_1504.JPG (55.05 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_1508.JPG
IMG_1508.JPG (53.79 KiB) Viewed 4013 times
IMG_1510.JPG
IMG_1510.JPG (26.37 KiB) Viewed 4013 times

IMG_1516.JPG
IMG_1516.JPG (66.27 KiB) Viewed 4013 times

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:50 pm

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:40 pm

fitting tributes
you did so well with al the planning

bless you
yes time flies in a blink of an eye
prayers continuing

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:45 am

Thanks, Marie; we need all the prayers we are blessed to receive. Just this morning I thought, "I need to call Dale." Then it hits me so I just start talking to him.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:23 pm

:cry:

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:14 am

It seems impossible that at 9:50 PM last night Dale left this earth. One month has flown by already, wow! Today is Gaston's birthday; many of you know who he is. He is Dale's son that died in 2009 at the age of 13. I pray that they are together in a safe place.

Please keep us all in your prayers; we have lost our patriarch.

If you haven't visited his Memorial page at Scoggins please do. The link is above. His friend from Marine Corp boot camp, when they were 19 yrs old, posted several stories as his favorite memories. Too funny. He is also having a difficult time losing his best friend.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:18 pm

fitting tributes
the marks left by a blessed soul on his pilgrim journey on earth
may he rest in eternal peace

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Jan 29, 2024 5:49 pm

We left here Friday morning to head to Louisiana to prepare for Dale's Memorial Service down there. It was almost a 7 hour drive but we got there in time to go ahead and decorate the hall. It was so strange to be in the building where I took Catechism classes and at the church where I made my First Communion. Right out of the back door of the hall is the cemetery where my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins are buried. So this trip was very meaningful in more ways than one.

My niece and her family showed up about 7 PM and unloaded their truck of food preparations into the kitchen. When we were done there she and her husband took us out to eat at a really great Cajun restaurant. If you are ever down that way stop by and have a great meal.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/rockys-tails-and-shells-bunkie

We got to the hotel and I COULD NOT sleep. I was so miserable but I made the best of it and was ready to go the next morning. It stormed from about 4 PM all through the night and I prayed it would clear up before the service and it did. Everything went like clockwork and it was so good to visit with family and friends I haven't seen since, well, many, many years. I had to ask who some people were. Of course they all knew me because they said I look just like my mama. 😁

Right as the memorial started we heard sirens, a lot of them. Then we heard someone say it was a stand off. This was like two blocks away. Here is what was going on. I am glad the guy didn't come to where we were. And to top it off, this guy was the son of the Church secretary I'd met the night before. She was so afraid of him.

You can scroll down to read.
https://www.kalb.com/2024/01/28/lsp-inv ... es-parish/

We were going to attend Mass there at Little Flower but we kind of had an emergency and had to leave. So, we spent the night there again and went to the parish I belonged to when I was 4 and 5 years old, St. Anthony's. Both my cousins were there for that Mass so I was able to visit with them again. We headed home right after Mass.

Dale's death was tragic but so many good things came from this very sad situation. He brought me back to my "home". It may be the last time I see any of those friends and family members and I wouldn't have seen them at all had Dale not passed away. It is all bitter sweet. 😢
Evergreen Memorial 28.JPG
Evergreen Memorial 28.JPG (69.99 KiB) Viewed 567 times

This pic is out the back door of the hall where the Cajun food was being cooked up. You can see the cemetery. Many people took a tour.

Savannah paying tribute to her dad. So young to lose him. She and Dakota didn't leave Texas until after work Friday and got there at 3 AM. She'd had a few hours sleep and was exhausted but this was for her dad so she braved through it all.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:18 pm

thank you for sharing these wonderful memories and current events of your trip
the memorial looked wonderful

iglad you could catch up with everyone and relive childhood through locations, events, people in your life

what a blessed trip
God bless you all and may God in His mercy comfort you all
rest in peace Dale and Henry

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:42 am

Thanks for your kind words Marie. I can't seem to stop crying. Last night we were at the store and I had to fight really hard to stop the tears because Savannah sent me a text saying that the other night she went and laid in her dad's bed and cried for a while. I feel so bad for her brother and her.

Now on to the big celebration of life crawfish boil in April. 🦞 All are invited to attend.