Please pray for my brother, Dale

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my brother, Dale

Post by Denise » Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:09 am

👍🙏 thanks Marie!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:02 pm

Please continue prayers for Denise's brother Dale.

Our thoughts and prayers for Dale during his procedures.
May Almighty God be with the surgeons and medical staff and may Denise and her family feel God's grace with them always
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:39 pm

Thanks Marie. I just got home; have been with Dale since Sunday evening. His surgery today went well and hopefully he can go home tomorrow and make arrangements to start chemo. It is just a mess, poor guy.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:02 pm

Welcome back!
You were missed.
Glad to hear surgery went well but oh dear re the journey next.....chemo etc.....prayers continuing

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:11 am

Just spoke to Dale and he said the doc who did the surgery yesterday told him that the cancer has moved into the bladder now. We are trying to get him to agree to go to MD Anderson in Houston. 🙏

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:42 pm

:cry:
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:52 pm

Dale was released from the hospital yesterday and my nephew brought him here. He spent the night with us and a friend picked him up at noon today and brought him home. I got the feeling he didn't want to leave me. He has an appointment with the Oncologist tomorrow to see what the game plan is. If he doesn't like what he is hearing he will go to Houston. We shall see.

His two surgeries and healing well and now it is time to address the stage 4 cancer. I am trying not to have a panic attack and am just trying my best to let Jesus take care of it. I start to think what it will be like without him on this earth and I have to stop myself. I guess it is normal.

Please continue to pray. Thank you!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Oct 22, 2023 5:14 pm

sorry for what you and Dale and family have to endure during this time
may our merciful Lord hear our prayers for you all
God's speed

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:25 pm

✝ Thanks Marie

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:11 pm

Dale was taken to the emergency room early in the morning. He was in terrible pain and come to find out his bowels were blocked from not having enough liquids and laxative at this point. They also had to catheterize him again because the surgery on the urethra had not quite healed. He sounds terrible and feels the same. I am beginning to wonder if all this is a bit too late. He has stage 4 cancer in 4 areas so far. His oncologist wants to start chemo in 2 weeks; I pray he can make it that long. :cry:

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:17 pm

horrific ordeal
my continuing prayers
Lord mercifully heal him
God's speed

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:17 pm

I found out he had a urinary tract infection too, which was also the source of pain.

I had help today from a most unlikely person, many would think. Somehow his first wife found out the situation. She is an oncologist and a partner to Dale's oncologist. She called my daughter Beth and asked what was going on so Beth told her. Then she called me and said she would do anything to help. I told her he needed a home health care nurse and she gave me instructions about how to get it ordered through his doctor. I called Dakota, my nephew, and he called the nurse and they are setting it all up. I am praying they find someone tomorrow. Dr. T. R. is still like family to us and she cares about Dale. She is the one that took care of my mom when she had cancer. She is a very sweet and caring person. ✝

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:34 am

Update on Dale. He is eating very well and drinking a lot of liquids. His colostomy bag is being filled normally and his urine is clear. He is trying to get off the opiates and is tolerating the pain. His surgeries seem to be healing well. He even helped Dakota through the gumbo recipe last night and it turned out great. He has an appointment with someone concerning his surgeries but I don't know when. He also should be starting chemo Monday or Tuesday next week. Dakota is taking very good care of his dad and told me that Dale appears to be improving. So, we just keep praying.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Oct 31, 2023 3:24 pm

thanks be to God on improvements
worried about the chemo effect on him if he is not up to it
we continue to pray for him
Lord mercifully hear our prayers
off to Morning mass soon - feast of all saints here
may the Holy saints intercede for Dale

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:47 pm

Got a text from Dakota last night from the emergency room in McKinney. There was blood in Dale's urine and it was concerning so they went to the hospital. A little while later Dale called me and said they didn't know what the problem was yet. He was actually eating a hamburger and his voice was stronger than usual. They sent them home before midnight and told Dale the blood was from the cancerous bladder and he should start chemo asap. They said it would be concerning if there were clots. He has an appointment today but haven't heard anything yet.