Prayers for the repose of a soul

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Prayers for the repose of a soul

Post by Denise » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:33 am

Many of you are familiar with my brother Dale and Virginia, who lost their son, Gaston, in 2009 at the age of 13. If you will remember it is his brother Dakota that found him.

Dakota is now living in South Carolina and was the day manager at his uncle's business; Virginia's brother. On September 5th Dakota went to the business around 7 PM and was looking for his Uncle Jim, who had been brush hogging some of the land. Dakota noticed the tractor that was still running but did not see his uncle. Then he started looking around and there was his uncle, under the wheel of the tractor and he had already passed away. Dakota said he was cold to the touch so he must have been there a while.

While Jim was brush hogging something got caught in the brush hog, maybe wire, so he decided to drive the tractor across a ditch where the brush hog would be straddling the ditch so he could get under it. He'd left the tractor running and something went wrong and the tractor rolled back down into the ditch and killed him.

This is the second person that poor Dakota has found that he was close to. Please pray for the repose of Jim's soul and pray for Dakota, Virginia, Savannah and the rest of that family.

Jim will have a Catholic funeral on Saturday, September 11th
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

GayleW

Re: Prayers for the repose of a soul

Post by GayleW » Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:48 pm

JMJ

my condolences to the family. i will be praying for everyone.
Gayle

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Prayers for the repose of a soul

Post by MarieT » Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:38 am

Lord have mercy
condolences and prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord