Please pray for my husband

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my husband

Post by MarieT » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:51 pm

he will need rest despite missing work :(
praying ....about to head off to outdoor Mass (for 10 people) covid restrictions churches closed but at least I can receive the Blessed Sacrament - will offer it up for Stephen
Stay blessed xx
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:02 pm

Thanks Marie!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:41 pm

How is Stephen today?
and how are you coping?

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:22 am

He seems to be doing a lot better. The healing process from the radiation is kind of annoying but he is dealing with it okay. He is staying up more and more and not hanging out in the bed so much. He actually went to the grocery store and did the shopping on Thursday. :D He looked a bit tired when he got back so I sent him to bed. The doctors told him not to just lay around.

But for the grace of God and the many prayers of others, I probably wouldn't be coping very well. :?
I try to stay busy to keep my mind off things. I am still trying to get past what was going on last year when mom was ill and then died. I miss her so much. :cry:
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 am

you've been through so much :(
Lord mercifully grant you both strength and healing

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:44 pm

Stephen went to the surgeon this morning. He is kind of bummed out because they told him he will have to wear a colostomy bag for the rest of his life. Good news is that a person can live a normal life and even work with one of those. He has all kinds of things to look through to get familiar with what is going to happen.

Tomorrow he has to go back to the doctor that did the scan and Saturday he has to be tested for Covid. He will have surgery Tuesday and will probably be in the hospital for three or four days. They told him they can send home health care when he comes home but I told him I can take care of him. I don't want some nurse in my house that has been to multiple homes. I just don't think it is safe. They can call him on the phone and if we have some kind of emergency then they can come.

That is all I know for now. Please keep up the prayers; we appreciate it.

Blessings,

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 pm

continuing prayers for you both.....gosh surgery on the feast of the Immaculate Conception
May our Holy Mother intercede and guide the surgeon's hands for a successful result.
Praying daily as well as a Novena.
stay strong

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:11 am

Yes, I have begged Our Lady to intercede for Stephen.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:44 am

Saturday Stephen went to have the Covid test. Sunday he was notified that he is asymptomatic. This means he has no symptoms. He just got off the phone with the surgeon and she said if he was going to get any symptoms that it would happen in the next four days. She will reschedule the surgery for the end of December but will have to be tested again. She told him to always wear a mask around me and of course keep a distance. I pray I don't get it. I use a lot of disinfectant and clean anything he touches and have been doing this for a long time. When I clean his bathroom I use gloves and a mask.

Fr. Paul was supposed to come out today and hear our confessions and anoint Stephen and bring us Holy Communion but I called him yesterday and cancelled it. He sure doesn't need the Wuhan Devil.

Please pray for peace of mind and soul over here.
Thanks!

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:22 pm

Praying, praying, praying!
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:19 am

Thanks JB. Doc told him that if he was going to get sick it would be 4 or 5 days from testing. He was on the roof yesterday, the 4th day, removing an old line of sight thing and cutting the tower down a bit. He is feeling fine this morning so far. Either the test was faulty or as June told me, asymptomatic results can mean he has already had it. We wonder if that is why we were sick when Stephanie tested positive. Anyway he has to stay away from people for 5 more days.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:25 am

continuing prayers...glad to hear he is feeling fine
on the roof ? :shock:

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:54 am

They have been monitoring him twice a day. He got a notification yesterday that said, "You seem to be getting over this." Over what? We are fairly sure that rapid test was bogus. Now they are after me with this contact tracing stuff. I have been absolutely nowhere and only around him unless someone drops by and they have a mask on and so do I and we talk outside. Texas Health called me yesterday, or rather I returned their call, and asked me all kinds of questions. I told them that I have been doing exactly what they have told my husband to do. They still want me to quarantine for 14 days and will monitor me twice a day for those days. :roll: Oh well, it is no skin off my teeth. It is just a pain in the neck that slowly goes down the spine and ends in the posterior region. :wink:

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:44 am

what an extraordinary year 2020 has turned out to be
am so sorry to hear what you have been through
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:06 pm

They have rescheduled Stephen's surgery for January 12th. We are going to experience a very long two weeks to come. He is so ready to get this over with.