Please pray for my husband

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Johnna

Re: Please pray for my husband

Post by Johnna » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:46 pm

Prayers going up. Insurance companies are infuriating sometimes.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:18 pm

The Radiologist called Stephen this afternoon and he'd gotten the notice from Blue Cross too. The doctor told Stephen that he is meeting with the rep from the ins on Monday. It is in God's hands. 🙏
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Sat Aug 29, 2020 8:37 pm

Sounds hopeful. I'll keep praying.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:22 pm

I commenced the Our Lady of Good Health Novena yesterday. Stephen and all here are included.

I pray this can be sorted quickly.
Lord mercifully hear all our prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:24 pm

Stephen went for his second iron infusion today. Before he went the nurse called him and told him the insurance company agreed to the radiation procedure the doctor wants to provide. Thank YOU JESUS! He is also scheduled for a dry run Thursday for radiation. I think what that involves is fitting him in the cast they made for him and just working out some details about the treatment. I am so glad this is getting started; he is in so much pain. Thanks for the prayers, Marie, and everyone else. Hopefully they will start the chemo Friday; we shall see.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:20 pm

Stephen got a call from oncology and they will start his chemo Thursday when he goes in for the trial run of radiation. Finally!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:29 am

hope all goes well
be assured of continuing prayers
day 4 "Our Lady of Good Health" intercede for Stephen

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:30 am

He is now hooked up to the chemo bag of meds and went this morning for his first round of radiation. He doesn't look to well. They gave him a stronger dose of the pain meds he was on. He is sleeping at this moment. It only takes a couple minutes to do the radiation treatment and the rest of the 30 minutes is hooking him up and unhooking him from his cast etc. I feel so bad for him but all I can do is wait on him and pray for him. It is a helpless feeling but I know God is in control.

June D

Post by June D » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:42 pm

My humble prayers for Stephen. Prayers for strength for you. St. Peregrine is with him and interceding. God Bless!!!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:45 am

praying for stephen (and you) daily - saddened by what you have to go through
:(
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:00 am

Thank you, Marie! Tomorrow will be a week on chemo and today is his third radiation treatment. He has his ups and downs but the doctors told him to expect it. Before the chemo and radiation he was eating three meals a day and now I can't get him to eat too much. He was a big eater. I think it is due to the meds and if I can get several things down him a day he should be okay.

Thanks for adding me to your prayers. We have an acre of property with many flower beds and three outbuildings. I am mowing and weed eating it all by myself now and it takes me two days in this heat to get it all done. I do have a problem with wanting it all done perfectly. I am wearing out and pray for the strength to keep going. Then there is the inside of the house. 🤦‍♀️ :) My kids say to let some stuff go but that just isn't in my DNA. I am trying. SO, I appreciate your prayers and the prayers of others who have offered to pray for the both of us.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:56 am

Poor Stephen - what he has to go through, and you also having to bear this.
Please keep well and look after yourself
Next upcoming novena - St Raphael the healer, St Michael the defender, St Gabriel God's Messenger
Will continue to pray for you both and for the intentions of Semper Fi members
Lord mercifully hear our prayers during these difficult times

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm

Thank you Marie!

Stephen was at the clinic almost five hours today. He had the radiation and then went to oncology and they removed his chemo bag and then gave him a two hour treatment of iron as well as adding steroids and some kind of nausea meds in the iv. After that they gave him a new bag of chemo meds and he was on his way home. Some good news is that they said his blood work has improved. :) He slept for several hours when he got home and he is looking a little better.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Small miracles. It's great to hear his bloodwork has improved. I'm glad He is looking a little better.
So sorry he is going through all this.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Denise wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:56 pm
Some good news is that they said his blood work has improved. :) He slept for several hours when he got home and he is looking a little better.
Deo Gratias!
Thanks for update
continuing prayers several times daily
xx