St. Philip Neri said.....

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:29 am

"Give me ten men really detached from the world, and I have the heart to believe I could convert the world with them."
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:56 am

"He who communicates often, as he ought to do, brings forth good fruit: the fruit of humility, the fruit of patience, the fruit of all the virtues."
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 am

"Penitents ought not to go to confession for temporal ends, to get alms and the like."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 am

"We ought to make no account of an immodest person, notwithstanding that he may possess other virtues."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:06 am

Superiors who obey the Holy Spirit.

"The Holy Spirit says of prelates and pastors: He who hears and obeys his superiors, hears and obeys Me, and he who despises them, despises and disobeys Me."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:32 am

"If the servant of God would fain walk with more security through so many snares scattered in every place, he should have our Blessed Lady as his mediatrix with her Son."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:36 am

"The sick man may desire to get well, provided he seals his desire always with an 'If it please God,' 'If it is good for my soul;' for we can do many good things in health, which sickness hinders us from doing."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:53 am

"In sickness we ought to ask God to give us patience, because it often happens, that when a man gets well, he not only does not do the good he proposed to do when he was sick, but he multiplies his sins and his ingratitude."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 am

"The mole is a blind rat, which always stays in the ground; it eats earth, and hollows it out, but is never satisfied with it: so is the avaricious man or woman."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:38 am

"Penitents should never make vows without the advice of their spiritual fathers."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 am

If we do make such vows, it is best to make them conditionally: for example, "I make a vow to have two masses said on St. Lucy's day, with this bargain, If I can, If I do not forget it, because if I do not remember it I do not wish to be bound."

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:06 am

When a man has to buy anything, he ought not to do so because he is moved by an attachment to the thing, but from want and necessity; for it will never do to buy attachments.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:55 am

Certain little voluntary attachments of self-love must be cut through, and then we must dig round them, and then remove the earth, till we get down deep enough to find the place where they are rooted and interlaced together.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:39 am

A person must be ready to endure, when through a virtuous motive he is mortified by others, and even when God permits him to be in bad odor with others, and regarded and driven away as an infected sheep.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:25 am

"Our enemy the devil, who fights with us in order to vanquish us, seeks to disunite us in our houses, and to breed quarrels, dislikes, contests, and rivalries, because while we are fighting with each other, he comes and conquers us, and makes us more securely his own."