Please pray for my husband

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Please pray for my husband

Post by Denise » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:51 am

Thanks Marie. The doctor told Stephen they need to get to work on this quickly. He said he likes her and she doesn't mince words. Waiting for the MRI to get done this morning and I am sure he will probably go into surgery asap. If he has surgery I am allowed to go. We aren't exactly sure of what all the details are about the cancer but should know after the MRI.

Thanks for the prayers, he needs them. 🙏
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

June D

Post by June D » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:17 am

Good Lord have Mercy! I'm so sorry. Let me know if there is anything I can do! Still praying for Stephen & you! God Bless You!!!

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:11 am

i commenced the novena of the 14 helpers today.....you, stephen and the semperfi members are included
May all these saints intercede for Stephen and all
Lord mercifully hear our prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:29 am

Thank you Marie and June!

He had the MRI yesterday and had to drink that nasty stuff for the colonoscopy this morning. They will know more after that. I am so hopeful with all the wonderful and powerful prayers being said on his behalf. Mine too!
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:27 pm

He had the colonoscopy and is in recovery and in bad pain. His doctor called me and said he has no hemorrhoid and what is hanging out is a huge tumor that goes all the way up the anal canal into the colon. It is huge. There are two types of cancer that it can be and they won't know for a few days what type it is. One type will be chemo and radiation on a shorter length of time and the other type is 6 months chemo and radiation and then surgery. She was talking very fast so I was having trouble keeping up. She is letting him come home after he is awake. The Oncology and Radiation lab will call us to go in next week to set everything up.

Lord have mercy! ✝

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:49 am

sigh so sorry to hear :(
praying hard
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:07 pm

Stephen had his first visit with a team of doctors today. His cancer is stage 2 and they say it is treatable, but before they can start treatment they have to do a pet scan to make sure his liver is okay. If the liver is not cancerous then he will have 6 weeks of daily radiation and wear a chemo port, which will pump the drugs into him 24/7, then surgery and then more chemo. If the liver has any cancer in it then the whole course of treatment will have to be changed. He will be put through the ringer but hopefully he can be cured. Chemo and radiation will start as soon as the pet scan is done; they are working on that now. The sooner the better!

Thanks to all who have been praying for him. This is so hard on him and I am very sad about it plus tomorrow is the anniversary of mom's death. I just pray he will be healed 100%.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:50 pm

Oh, Denise! It's so heartbreaking you two have to go through this. Please keep us updated. I will pray and pray. St Periguine, mercifully hear us. :cry:
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:25 am

Thanks, JB. June sent Stephen a Peregrine medal and holy card. Now we have two of you on the job petitioning the good saint. Me too! I just keep praying the Memorare. 🙏

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:22 pm

Stephen will have the chemo cath-port put in his chest tomorrow and then on Wednesday he will have the PET scan done. The doctors are pretty sure this will all work out well. Once the tumor shrinks then they can do surgery to remove it and then more chemo to kill anything that is left. 🙏

I am trying not to be stressed. Not easy, but I have to say I am doing well. Thank you Jesus and Blessed Mother.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:12 pm

Stephen had the chemo port put in today. It is in the juggler vein right below the collarbone. Thursday he goes to have a plaster cast made for pin pointed radiation. He is going to be in pain from this implant surgery for about 4 days. Then he has to have iron pumped into him for an hour at some point next week. It is a lot to go through for someone who has never been in the hospital before.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Sat Aug 15, 2020 7:20 am

Poor Stephen. Lord mercifully hear our prayers.
Keeping up the novenas - latest : Mary undoer of knots.
May our Holy Mother intercede for Stephen.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:35 pm

Stephen spoke with the nurse today and she told him that the cancer has not metastasized; it is only in that one centrally located place the PET scan showed. His liver and all that surround the cancer is clear. This is such great news. They are still working on getting his radiation set up. Prayers have been prayed and answered.
Thank you! 🙏👍

He had one round of the iron pumped into him on Monday and has to do it five more times. This is all such great news,

June D

Post by June D » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:36 am

Wonderful! Wonderful! Wonderful! St. Peregrine, thank you! Thank you Jesus!!!

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:58 am

We just got a notice from Blue Cross that the treatment they want to give Stephen using radiation is not approved. They did say what they will approve because of the kind of cancer it is, it is not necessary. Good grief, what next? I am hoping the ins. is just looking out for Stephen. Radiology will get the same communication from the ins so we will see what they do.