Please pray for my husband

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Johnna

Re: Please pray for my husband

Post by Johnna » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:08 pm

More prayers. God has got this.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:46 am

licorice? might help
i was worried when you mentioned 11 hour days
in my prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:42 am

Ambulance just took Stephen to the hospital; he is in awful pain and dry heaving. Please pray
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:47 am

Just got a text from Stephen and they gave him pain meds which helped and then they found he is trying to pass a kidney stone. That is not fun but it is a relief because we figured it was a lot worse than that. I think he will be okay once the stone passes.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:00 pm

Kidney stones are extremely painful! Right up there with toothache and childbirth, no exaggeration! I pray that all is well, and it passes peacefully in spite of all the painful fury.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:36 am

Lord have mercy - what a scare.
In my prayers,
God's speed for his recovery

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:23 am

He is also dehydrated. I don't understand it because he is always drinking water or Gatorade, coffee or tea. I am just wondering if he wasn't drinking enough at work those two weeks. They also said he was pretty constipated and that is where most of the pain in the stomach was from and the kidney pain is from that stone, which they said was kind of small. I pray this is the last of his problems.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:25 pm

Stephen came home this afternoon. He looks a lot better and said he is feeling good. Thanks for the prayers.

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:48 pm

So glad he's home again. :D
I pray that he gets a break! :lol:
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:56 am

thanks God he is ok!
continuing prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:41 am

He is still trying to pass the kidney stone and has meds to break it down. I have been making him lemonade with pure lemon, a little water and some Stevia. Lemon breaks the stones down. Saturday he even drove us to Dallas to see Fr. Paul for Confession, Communion and several blessings. We brought two cases of water which Fr. Paul blessed with the St. Torelli blessing and he told Stephen instead of drinking a few ounces a day to just drink it like he would when he is thirsty. I am drinking it as well.

Yesterday in the afternoon I got on the lawn mower and started mowing. It is relaxing to me and not as though I am working. I looked up and Stephen had the push mower out and was trimming up around the house. :shock: After we were done he said he felt really well. This morning he went back to work.

Thank you Lord, Our Lady, St. Expedite and all those who have been praying for him.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:06 am

thanks be to God.
Our priest spoke of when he had to have an op for a massive kidney stone and someone gave him some blessed water from Lourdes to drink and after drinking - he didnt need the op because the stone vanished (somehow) the Dr's said

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:54 pm

How is Stephen fairing, Denise?
Hope things have improved after all you both went through.
Lord mercifully hear our prayers

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:28 am

I just told someone yesterday that he is a walking miracle. In the course of only a few months after surgery and having that bacteria he hasn't missed work at all and is doing all the things around here he did before. He still has that port in his chest because they wanted him to do more chemo "just in case" but he is going to refuse it so they need to remove the port. He feels that if they got it all why bother with more chemo. He is leaving it in God's hands and I petition St. Expedite daily for his assistance in this. That saint hasn't ignored me not one time.

Thanks for asking Marie, and thanks for continued prayers and all the Masses you offered for him and me too. 😊

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 am

Thanks be to God he is ok.
We're in another week of lockdown and i'm missing my daily Mass so much....such a void....but I know God is with us and this gives me some comfort

I follow the online Cathedral Mass and recite my Spiritual Communion Prayer at the appropriate time.
Prayers are still being lifted up despite via the computer .....the Lord knows our intentions - thankful for His mercy