I need prayers

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Johnna

I need prayers

Post by Johnna » Tue Jun 25, 2024 5:34 pm

Please pray for me and everyone who lives in this house.
There are too many people living in a house this size and when the twins are born, it will be worse for everyone.
I cannot keep anything clean and nobody seems to help. I am so overwhelmed and exhausted that I had to call off work today and I barely got out of bed at all.
My hips hurt and it is causing muscle spasms that also hurt. I suspect I am exhausted just from trying to get around. I am getting injections to make my hips feel better July first. But I just feel like I have to do everything for everyone and I cannot.
Please keep praying for me. I know you don't miss a mass and are probably in a better state of grace than I am. I can't hear God.
I'm sure He has a plan. I just don't know what it is, and I have to keep my head up and act like everything is going to be fine so that everyone is reassured and can carry on.
Pray that a miracle opens up and they can get a place of their own before the babies are born. Pray that I don't stay so burnt out and can do what is needed of me.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Re: I need prayers

Post by Denise » Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:41 pm

JB I pray for you twice a day, morning and night.

Listen, maybe you should consider having a family meeting and just tell them bluntly and kindly at the same time that you just can't do this anymore and everyone has a set number of days to find somewhere else to live. They are adults and should be making it on their own. Helping your family out is one thing but when your health is at risk and you are taken advantage of is quite another. IMHO I find it very rude of adult children who take advantage of their parents who spent their lives giving of themselves for their children and then the adult children feel they owe mom and dad nothing. It is ridiculous that no one helps out and I would certainly not put up with that. God doesn't expect you to be trampled under foot and used.

Douay Rheims
[8] He that feareth the Lord, honoureth his parents, and will serve them as his masters that brought him into the world.
[Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) 3:8]

[29] Honour thy father, and forget not the groanings of thy mother: [30] Remember that thou hadst not been born but through them: and make a return to them as they have done for thee.
[Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) 7:29-30]

I don't know what else to say except that I am sorry you are going through this.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Jun 25, 2024 11:34 pm

saddened also with your news
please count on my prayers
meanwhile be kind to yourself and look after yourself.

Sometimes it might mean just going out to a quiet place and resting with what you like to do - a good book, pondering nature etc.....make it a habit once a day......or more if needed.

in my prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:32 am

Legally, can't have three people on a one bedroom apartment. Which is why they couldn't renew their lease. They are looking. They are on waiting lists. They've applied for assistance. That's the best they can do right now. They have no other place to go at this point. They will be out as soon as they can. This is why a huge miracle needs to happen, and something needs to give.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Jun 26, 2024 9:33 am

Most importantly, thank you for your prayers. I don't know where I'd be without them.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jun 26, 2024 2:47 pm

JB, please sit and talk with them at least. Let them know you need help. Wash a dish, do laundry, mop and vacuum, cook a meal; it is the least any grateful person can do and it doesn't cost them a dime.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:14 pm

You're right about talking with them.
In the meantime, it turns out I have strep throat. I have antibiotics now. So some things should get better.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jun 27, 2024 4:53 pm

Sorry you are sick. Wow! I think sometimes stress causes our resistance to be low and then we get ill in some way. Praying for you.