Prayer requests

In this forum you can write about your relationship with the Lord, your spiritual life, devotions you may take part in, works of Mercy you have done, what apostolates you are part of, ask for prayer, talk about the heavenly family (The Saints, Holy Mother, The Lord), talk about the triumphs in your life, and the misfortunes in your life.

Moderator: Denise

Johnna

Prayer requests

Post by Johnna » Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:48 pm

So many prayer requests I don't know where to start!

My oldest son is having some sort of mental health issue. He has appointments and is going to them, so that is good. But I am super worried about his mental health and He needs to get back to work.

His work has authorized him to return only when his providers say it is okay. But he isn't getting paid during his time off.
His rent has been covered by his tax return. But their lease is up in May (20th I think? Not sure,) and they cannot afford the three bedroom apartment they will need. Because of the number of children they will have.

They will be staying in my home until they can get a new place, but with Savannah pregnant with twins, the back room will NOT be enough room for them once the babies are born, and that will be November!
Getting an apartment is not easy anymore, and getting public assistance for housing has a *long* waiting list, although they do have a pile of forms to apply. It's crazy. Rent is so high these days.

Savannah is applying for jobs, but I don't think this is ideal for her. Sometimes she can be very easily overwhelmed and I just am afraid for her to take on work plus John, plus her pregnancy.
However, the extra income is definitely needed! They could barely afford their one bedroom apartment.
Neither of them have a driver's license, so the apartment will need to be on the bus line, which also narrows down choices. It is stressful for me to keep driving James downtown to work.
I do not know how any of this is going to work, but I guess God does.

I need more dental work done. Which will amount to a lot of money that I don't have, and I need it done before my hip replacement that I will need soon. (I have arthritis in both hips)
I haven't even scheduled the hip replacement because I'm getting thyroid nodules biopsied on Tuesday (30th) and if anything further needs to be done about the nodules, that will take precedent.
And once I do have the hip replacement, I'll have to be off work for a few weeks, not sure how long.

It's all overwhelming and I'm really kind of worried.
Please just keep my family in your prayers. Thank you.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Re: Prayer requests

Post by Denise » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 am

JB, so sorry you are going through all the stress and weight of what is going on in your life. I completely understand!

First of all, I know you are praying to Our Lord and Our Lady, as well as St. Joseph for guidance and help. Please remember that God gave us special saints to ask the intercession of in certain needs. Please ask St. Expedite to pray for the immediate needs of your son and his family, and for yours too. Also he gave us St. Apollonia when it concerns our dental needs. Both of these saints have been so helpful in my life.

Maybe when your son and his wife move in she can be very helpful with household duties, washing, cleaning and cooking, while you work. Your son can help too. This will take the extra work off your shoulders. Having another family living in the same home can get stressful but there is a way that it can be avoided as much as possible.

Please keep us updated an know that you are in my prayers.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:39 am

Thank you for the reminder! I am adding Expedite, Apollonia, Dymphna, and Peregrine to my list. :D

I might not even have cancer, infact the odds are against it. (Of course the odds of the nodules doing anything but sit there were tiny too, and now they've grown ) And if I do have thyroid cancer, they will remove part of all of my thyroid and that will solve the problem.
But thyroid removal usually is associated with weight gain, and my poor arthritis hips cannot take weight gain. My BMI is barely in the obese category as it is. I don't need anything to solidly land me there! So I really need blessings upon blessings right now.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:28 pm

JB, look up Magnascent Iodine and see how beneficial it is for thyroid problems. I use this daily.
https://magnascent.com/news/nascent-iodine/
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 am

Lord mercifully hear our prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord