I think they have a point

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

I think they have a point

Post by Denise » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:59 am

Following Fiducia Supplicans, Coptic Orthodox Church suspends theological dialogue with Catholic Church

https://www.catholicculture.org/news/he ... ryid=61588
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: I think they have a point

Post by MarieT » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:38 pm

indeed they do

Catholic Bishops and clergy overall have voiced their concerns even
Rejecting any blessing of homosexual relationships, the Holy Synod of the Coptic Orthodox Church has suspended theological dialogue with the Catholic Church, less than three months after the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith issued Fiducia Supplicans, its declaration on the pastoral meaning of blessings.
“After consulting with the sister churches of the [Oriental] Orthodox family, it was decided to suspend the theological dialogue with the Catholic Church, reevaluate the results achieved by the dialogue from its beginning twenty years ago, and establish new standards and mechanisms for the dialogue to proceed in the future,” stated the Synod, led by Pope Tawadros II of Alexandria.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord