Trump vows to return God

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

Trump vows to return God

Post by MarieT » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:19 am

Trump tells right-wing Christians they will have power at 'level you've never used before'
Just ahead of his headline spot at the CPAC convention in Virginia and the South Carolina primary on Saturday, Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump delivered a speech to right-wing broadcasters Thursday night in which the former president vowed to hand power over to the Christian nationalist movement on an unprecedented scale.
Trump said during his speech at the annual conference of the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB) in Nashville, Tennesse that he would defend "pro-God context and content" on the nation's AM radio stations as he told the audience that religion is "the biggest thing missing" in the United States and warned, without evidence, that Christian broadcasters were "under siege" by the left and a "fascist" Biden administration.
"We have to bring back our religion," Trump declared. "We have to bring back Christianity."
Striking a Christ-like pose at one point with his arms outstretched as if on a cross, Trump mentioned his legal struggles, including multiple criminal indictments and civil judgements, and said, "I take all these arrows for you and I'm so proud to take them. I'm being indicted for you."
In his speech Thursday, during which he also promised to close the Department of Education so that Christian fundamentalists could take over school policy at the state level, Trump said, "If I get in, you're going to be using that power at a level that you’ve never used before."
source
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord