attendance at Synod meeting

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

MarieT
Site Admin

attendance at Synod meeting

Post by MarieT » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:44 am

I was invited to attend a seminar on the Synod on Synodality tonight and was rather surprised that my responses to alarming proposals they were putting forth, weren't addressed.

2 of the women presenters spoke in a rather derogatory way against our priests, condemning them for not being open to LGBT-ABCDE or whatever they call themselves, as well as women ordination.

I mentioned that the Priests had a duty of care in safeguarding the Deposit of Faith as handed down throughout the centuries. This was ignored lol

They then brought up about the "attacks by Catholics on LGBT-ABCDE or whatever they call themselves. I've never seen this in action. In contrast i have seen the opposite. It is the LGBT-ABCDE or whatever they call themselves, storming masses and demanding and accusing.

How bizarre to see them portrayed as victims of abuse .

Women ordination was pushed onto the attendees - i stated that as Archbishop Fischer of Sydney stated, there were more pressing issues for the church to address at the Synod than the 0.001% of women pushing for ordination. Archb Fischer said the young that identify with 'no religion' was a major concern for the church.

again disregarded lol

after a few of my commentaries i realised they were just ignoring them lol

then one of the presenters said "how do we as caring Catholics respond to those LGBT-ABCDE or whatever they call themselves, victims of abuse?

i responded with "to focus on Jesus, not the storm, and to follow him and pray that His will be done"
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Re: attendance at Synod meeting

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:20 am

👍 I don't think i could go to a meeting like that; I would just leave.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:56 pm

I almost did
but the spirit had other plans
perhaps a seed was planted in the mind of some unsuspecting innocent attendee

oh i forgot to mention the unceasing praise for francis and how he is not supported by the priests
i wonder why
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:28 pm

go figure
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales