When does it end?

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

When does it end?

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:16 am

I guess when the Lord returns.

Will Lay People Vote in the Next Papal Conclave?

https://crisismagazine.com/editors-desk ... 38c6455e8c
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Denise
Site Admin

Re: When does it end?

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:10 pm

Canon lawyer denies involvement in papal election reform, calling reports ‘a pure lie’

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news ... 2023-11-06
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:44 pm

a couple of things come to mind when i see articles like this

Francis' time is coming near, he has been hit by many health concerns, many of which the public have not been privy to but have circulated from clergy association.

I dont see Francis quipped to bring about these sort of weird ideas - so someone else is pulling the strings to ensure what has commenced with Francis (as Benedict would not hear of it).....will continue through francis' alleged ideas.

What an idea to bring in lay people to vote.

francis he should surely know that the church in its 3 elements of
1) Christ link, work of the holy Spirit
2) the Body of Christ, the people of God, the laity, Mary as the quintessential archetype of faith
3) the hierarchy, Magisterium, Sacraments, Pope, Bishops, clergy etc.

recall each have their unique function.
The laity (2) don't work in affairs set up for the Magisterium (3) neither the magisterium interfere with what the laity element is called for in its mission

Recall a priest in Nicaragua took a role in the government, yet when Pope John Paul II visited, he rebuked him. What a talking - to he received.

Stepping into political field is the role of the laity for the bringing of the kingdom of God, not the clergy.

Back to functions.
To elect a pope is entrusted to the cardinals, not lay people.

Firstly even if this notion eventuated (hypothetically) how would the lay people be chosen?

They surely wouldnt know which cardinal to 'vote' for (there are so many)....or would they?......
would they be chosen specifically to vote for someone who they are told to endorse as next pope?....as many cardinals have stated happened with francis' appointment?
? corruption factor?

Only the College of Cardinals can elect the Pope as outlined in Universi Dominici Gregis.

The Holy Spirit is at work in the church and if the pontificate of francis is in there now, we can just trust God that it is for His much greater plan.
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:26 pm

Recall a priest in Nicaragua took a role in the government, yet when Pope John Paul II visited, he rebuked him. What a talking - to he received.
Is that when PJPII was shaking his finger in that priest's face? There was a video but I can't find it.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:58 pm

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:03 am

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Nov 07, 2023 6:48 am

Yes, that is what I was referring to. I miss the Papa so much.

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:02 am

he was a legend
and the friendship between him and his cardinals particularly cardinal ratzinger (later pope benedict xvi) was special
miss them both

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:34 am

Pope Francis says ‘trans’ people can be godparents, homosexual ‘parents’ can have children baptized

Pope Francis' latest document comes despite the fact that the Catholic Church teaches that deliberate bodily mutilation and homosexual acts are gravely sinful, and that those requesting baptism for children must intend to raise the children in the Catholic faith.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pope- ... dium=email