Italian priests slaps 13 yr old Irish girl in face for....

Sometimes we need to talk about issues that concern us or have affected us personally. In this forum, you are welcomed to respectfully vent your concerns about today's Church issues or other issues of importance. News stories are welcomed here as well.

Moderators: johnmc, Johnna, MarieT, Denise

Denise
Site Admin

Italian priests slaps 13 yr old Irish girl in face for....

Post by Denise » Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:01 pm

receiving Holy Communion on the tongue while kneeling. :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q2AVk7WQzk
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Re: Italian priests slaps 13 yr old Irish girl in face for....

Post by MarieT » Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:15 pm

unbelievable

similar thing happened to my father many years ago at my son's confirmation....he approached to receive on the tongue yet the priest instead tried to maneuvre Communion into dad's clasped hands in prayer but dropped the Blessed Sacrament to which my father picked it up from the floor kissed it and consumed it. As he was walking away the priest said "see, that wouldnt have happened if you had held your hands out"...or something to that effect....

Dad, not to cause a scene (he was in our parish not his own) didn't comment during the holy time.

The directions are clear (even during covid), if a person approaches to receive Communion in the mouth, they are not to be deprived.

Here is a follow up video which is rather distressing whereby the father of the girl in question is contacted about whether the slap was just a light one or the hands being pulled apart etc....you be the judge
source
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:57 pm

Thanks for posting the follow up. I was going to post it and got distracted with what is going on with my brother.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:58 pm

hope Dale is improving
praying for him and for you and family during this difficult time
Lord mercifully hear our prayers
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord