August Execution

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

KarlB
Saint Finder

August Execution

Post by KarlB » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Billy Slagle, scheduled to be executed on August 7th and the only execution scheduled for August in the U.S. committed suicide 3 days prior to his execution in Ohio.

It seems to me to show the mind wrenching stress that awaiting the death sentence has on the soul. I mention it because i've heard some supporters state that it focuses the mind of the condemned on his crime and repentance.. but it seems it just wears down all involved.

And it seems to leave those seeking vengeance unfulfilled.. hence the elaborate precautions to avoid suicide before execution.. which is also a measure of the character of the penalty.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:00 pm

Sad.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales