Holly Wood of Alabama to be executed in 40 minutes at 6pm

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

Lori

Holly Wood of Alabama to be executed in 40 minutes at 6pm

Post by Lori » Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:24 pm

Please pray for him and his victim.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and- ... ed-inmate/

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:46 pm

praying
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 pm

I prayed through the Divine Mercy this morning for Holly and for Cal Coborn Brown, convicted rapist and murderer for was executed in Washington State last night, the first in nine years there. Cal to had mental issues as well, which were as with Holly deemed insufficient to mitigate the sentence. But he made final statement, expressing regret for his actions, but also stating that he felt he was being dealth selective justice given that Martin Ridgeway, the infamous Green River Killer, received a life sentense for murdering 40 prostitutes in the 1980s.. which i thought was legitimate bief.
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:07 pm

oops dbl post above..

note.. Denise is it possible to turn the edit function on, in this forum, if there is not a specific reason it should not be.. i tend to have to use it quite a lot. :)
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:41 pm

:lol: Karl, only admin and moderators have functions buttons. I looked for a way to turn the edit option on for you and I am not seeing anything. I think I remember there being an option so I will do a little searching. :)
Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:21 pm

Thanx Denise.. i have the Edit function available as general member on every specific forum except Capital Mercy. However its no big deal, if you don't come across the feature. It might teach me to be a little more circumspect with my first write.
pax lux,
karl