Jeffrey Matthews to die June 17th

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

Lori

Jeffrey Matthews to die June 17th

Post by Lori » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Let us please pray for Jeffrey. He will be executed tomorrow in Oklahoma for killing a 77 year old man during the commission of a burglary. His accomplice was given a life sentence.

Jeffrey is 38 years old. The crime happened in 1994. Jeffrey was 21 or 22 at the time of the offense.

josephw
Prayer Warrior

The execution has been rescheduled to July 20

Post by josephw » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:54 am

The execution has been rescheduled to July 20 for Jeffrey David Matthews. The delay has been granted so that defense attorneys can examine fingerprint evidence in the case.
JESUS I TRUST IN YOU
JOSEPHW
Our Lord said: "The prayer that pleases me most is for the conversion of sinners. This prayer is always answered" (Diary, 1397).

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:31 am

You'd think they'd have already looked at all that by now. This is exactly why capitol punishment is so scary.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica