Mark McClain of Georgia to die at 7PM tonight Oct 20

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner." This forum was created specifically for notices on upcoming US executions so that these men and women will be guaranteed our prayers as they meet Our Lord face to face.

Moderators: MarieT, Lori

Lori

Mark McClain of Georgia to die at 7PM tonight Oct 20

Post by Lori » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:40 am

http://www.ajc.com/news/death-sentence- ... 65980.html

Mark will die tonight at 7pm Eastern, 6pm Central time.

If you can offer some prayers for Mark and for the intentions of all those who suffered because of him please do.

I will be offering a Divine Mercy Chaplet for him and prayers for the man that he killed. I will include prayers for Mark's family and the family of the murdered man as well.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 am

Praying..............May God have mercy on his soul.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Mark. is in my prayers
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:20 pm

It is after 7. but I am praying anyhow.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:04 am

I prayed the Divine Mercy around 2pm
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

josephw
Prayer Warrior

ABOUT 11 OCLOCK

Post by josephw » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:26 am

AS I WAS DRIVING YESTERDAY I PRAYED 2 CHAPLETS THE SECOND FOR SOMEONE THAT WAS GOING TO DIE THAT DAY..
JESUS I TRUST IN YOU
Our Lord said: "The prayer that pleases me most is for the conversion of sinners. This prayer is always answered" (Diary, 1397).

Lori

Post by Lori » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:10 am

Civilization and violence are antithetical concepts. Through violence you may murder a murderer, but you can't murder murder. Through violence you may murder a liar, but you can't establish truth. Through violence you may murder a hater, but you can't murder hate. Darkness cannot put out darkness, only light can do that.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
I found this quote on a Death Penalty blog this morning while reading about Mark's execution last night.

+May his soul rest in Peace.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:51 am

Rest in Peace, Mark!

After I prayed the chaplet for Mark yesterday I thought to myself, "With all the chaplets being said, even one, Jesus promised to stand between the dying and Justice. I have no doubt that Mark is safe; he may be in Purgatory but hey, one day he will behold the Face of God!"

If we don't believe this then we don't believe that Jesus spoke to Faustina. Am I right or wrong?

KarlB
Saint Finder

Post by KarlB » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Am I right or wrong?
That's right Denise, imho. :wink:
pax lux,
karl

Remember that thou hast made me of clay; and wilt thou turn me to dust again? Job10:9

josephw
Prayer Warrior

I BELIEVE

Post by josephw » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:33 am

If we don't believe this then we don't believe that Jesus spoke to Faustina.

I BELIEVE AND TRUST COMPLETLTLY...

ALSO WE DONOT HAVE TO BE AT THE BEDSIDE OF THE DYING PERSON..

JESUS I TRUST IN YOU
JOSEPHW
Our Lord said: "The prayer that pleases me most is for the conversion of sinners. This prayer is always answered" (Diary, 1397).