John Paul II "appears" through flames

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

MarieT
Site Admin

John Paul II "appears" through flames

Post by MarieT » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:16 am

A photograph taken of a bonfire in Poland bears an uncanny resemblance to the late Pope John Paul II.

The bonfire, which was lit at a ceremony in Poland on April 2 to mark the second anniversary of the late pontifs death, appears to be an image of the Holy Father with his right hand raised in blessing, Daily Mail reported.

Details of the "apparition" appeared on the Vatican TV's News Service.

Fr Jarek Cielecki, a close friend of John Paul II said he was convinced the picture showed the former pontiff.

"You can see the image of a person in the flames and I think it is the servant of God, Pope John Paul II," Fr Cielecki said.

The pictures were broadcast on Italian TV and also posted on religious websites, some of which crashed as thousands logged on to see the image.

Gregorz Lukasik, the Polish man who took the photographs, said it was only afterwards when he got home and looked at the pictures that he knew he had something.

"I showed them to my brother and sister and they, like me, were convinced the flames had formed the image of Pope John Paul II.

"I was so happy with the picture that I showed it to our local bishop who said that Pope John Paul had made many pilgrimages during his life and he was still making them in death."

SOURCE
Is this Pope John Paul II waving from beyond the grave? Vatican TV director says yes, Daily Mail (16/10/07)

17 Oct 2007
marie
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:25 pm

Sheer coincidence. If it reminds people of holiness, great, but I wouldn't attribute it to Divine Intervention.

-Kevin

JeniR

Post by JeniR » Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:14 pm

Has a saint ever reappeared in flames?? I can't think of one.
And so , with every beat of my heart, I thank You, my God, for your great mercy towards me.~Saint Faustina~

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:09 pm

Anyone here who knows my husband needs to ask him what was in the pattern of the old wall paper we had in the bathroom. One can see an image and make out of it what they want to even if it is natural.

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales