Don't fall for the push for Maria Esperanza's cannonization

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

AndrewD

Don't fall for the push for Maria Esperanza's cannonization

Post by AndrewD » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:28 am

One of the headlines on a very pro-Medjugorje website today has to do with a push this coming week for the beatification and cannonization of Maria Esperanza, an alleged seer of Bethania, Venezuela. This movement is even being led by a bishop in New Jersey and the article indicates that Esperanza's apparitions were officially approved.

You won't find much critical analysis of Esperanza on the web except on Unity Publishing which I'm sharing a link below. For the record: Bethania was approved by the LOCAL BISHOP in that part of Venezuela. Bishops in New Jersey have no say into the authenticity of an apparition not in their diocese.

There was no mention of Maria Esperanza during the original approvals of Bethania - she came later and for that, we should be suspect. Rick Salbato makes a very good point that during the Lourdes apparitions, some 50 false seers emerged, trying to draw attention away from the one true seer - Bernadette Soubirous.

Tis better to be cautious with these things.

http://www.unitypublishing.com/Apparitions/Batania.html
Pray for us oh holy Mother of God, that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 am

Yes! You are correct Andrew. This is the lady that had the roses spring from her chest like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, and whose daughters were models and in that sort of scene. :roll:

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

AndrewD

Post by AndrewD » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 pm

Denise wrote:...This is the lady that had the roses spring from her chest like in a Bugs Bunny cartoon, and whose daughters were models and in that sort of scene. :roll:

Denise
Oh my! I haven't heard about this. She actually claimed that roses came forth from her chest? One thing about her that I was never comfortable with was her appearance. She was always made up with dyed, styled hair and fine clothes. Mirjana from Medjugorje also never misses a chance to appear with a low-cut blouse. Quite a contrast from the humbleness demonstrated by Sr. Lucia of Fatima and St. Bernadette of Lourdes.
Pray for us oh holy Mother of God, that we may be worthy of the promises of Christ.

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I think what I described is in one of michael Brown's books; I could be wrong about where I saw that.

I sent this notice to Rick and am waiting to hear from him.

PS....the Bishop in New Jersey has no say in anything that happens in another diocese. I don't know where these folks get their learnin'. It is so frustrating when clergy don't know their place, especially when they are Bishops and Cardinals. So sad!

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales