More on Sr. Mary Neuzil

Heresy experiments in distortion; orthodoxy developes in proportion. The false emphasis is not only a wrong in itself but it is used as a means of diverting the eyes of men in the wrong direction. Van Zeller

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

KevinSymonds

More on Sr. Mary Neuzil

Post by KevinSymonds » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:09 pm

Another reason why I'm suspicious of this:

http://www.oltiv.org/

I think the one reference in there is enough to explain why I'm even more hesitant towards this "Our Lady of America" claim.

-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:32 pm

Apb. Burke has approved the devotion to Our Lady of America. Please read his letter.
PDF
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Johnna

Post by Johnna » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:49 pm

I always believed that this sister was having real visitations. I never really thought she was making it up or a fraud or anything of the sense. I was a bit suspicious whether or not the apparitions were authentic and from God. However, if the Church does indeed approve, then I shall not speak against Her. It is my understanding that things of this nature don't usually make it all the way to the Vatican, and remain at the level of the local bishop.
Domine Non Sum Dignus!

Holiness is not for wimps and the cross is not negotiable, sweetheart, it's a requirement.
~ Mother Angelica

KevinSymonds

Post by KevinSymonds » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:19 pm

Archbishop Burke, though a good man, has no jurisdiction over the claims. He is acting as a private Bishop with a canon law degree and giving his private opinion. He is not acting as a member of the Apostolica Signatura.

I'm still suspicious.

-KJS

Denise
Site Admin

Post by Denise » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:16 pm

Well, Rick is beaming! He has always thought that this was on the up and up and said so last year. We gave him a hard time and in the other thread we showed both sides of the coin in fairness. I think there is something more than just this letter from the Archbishop. We shall see.

Denise
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

Lori

Post by Lori » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:24 am