Being familiar with the voice of God

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Being familiar with the voice of God

Post by Denise » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:20 am

You must seek to hear God speak to you through an inner conviction within your soul. At times you may sense that God's Voice is loud and clear, and at other times it may seem faint and confusing. There are many things that can compete with the Voice of God but if you are open, you will come to know His Voice with familiarity. This is important for your spiritual life. Learning to hear Him speak and coming to recognize His Voice allows you to more easily walk in His ways throughout your life. Seek to know this inner conviction that His Voice presents to you. And as you learn to discern it, grow in confidence at His commands of love. Daily obedience to Him in this way must become the foundation of all that you do in life and it will become an abundant source of His out-poured Mercy (See Diary #1383).

Because Sister Dominic, after her death, gave the appearance of looking so well, some
sisters said that perhaps she was only in a coma, and one of the sisters suggested to me
that we ought to go and put a mirror to her mouth to see if it would mist, because it would
if she were alive. I said all right, and we did as we said, but the mirror did not mist,
although it seemed to us as if it had. Nevertheless, the Lord gave me to know how much
this had displeased Him, and I was severely admonished never to act again against my
inner convictions. I humbled myself profoundly before the Lord and asked His pardon.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales