The Beauty of the Humble Soul

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

The Beauty of the Humble Soul

Post by Denise » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:50 am

What is it that makes someone beautiful? More than anything else it is the virtue of humility. Humility is exceptionally attractive. Though some may not be that impressed with the humble soul at first, over time, humility will draw even the most arrogant and self-centered person to itself. It's hard to ignore the deep attractiveness of a humble soul because God is intimately present in that person. In fact, it could almost be said that God would do anything that a humble soul asks. It's as if humility imposes an obligation upon God to bestow extraordinary graces through their lowly heart. Humility is a complete self-emptying of oneself before God and others. The result is that the person "disappears" and all that is left is God. God shines through the humble more radiantly than the person filled with the greatest talents. Humble yourself before God. The lower you go, the more God shines through and the more His Mercy is bestowed (See Diary #1306).

O humility, lovely flower, I see how few souls possess you. Is it because you are so
beautiful and at the same time so difficult to attain? O yes, it is both the one and the other.
Even God takes great pleasure in her. The floodgates of heaven are open to a humble soul,
and a sea of graces flows down upon her. O how beautiful is a humble soul! From her heart,
as from a censer, rises a varied and most pleasing fragrance which breaks through the skies
and reaches God himself, filling His Most Sacred Heart with joy. God refuses nothing to such
a soul; she is all-powerful and influences the destiny of the whole world. God raises such a
soul up to His very throne, and the more she humbles herself, the more God stoops down to
her, pursuing her with His graces and accompanying her at every moment with His
omnipotence. Such a soul is most deeply united with God. O humility, strike deep roots in
my whole being. O Virgin most pure, but also most humble, help me to attain deep
humility. Now I understand why there are so few saints; it is because so few souls are
deeply humble
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales

MarieT
Site Admin

Post by MarieT » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:01 am

profound and so true!
"He who followeth Me, walketh not in darkness." sayeth the Lord