The Long Term Plan of God

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

The Long Term Plan of God

Post by Denise » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:05 am

When you seek to serve our Lord with your whole heart, you may find that He speaks to you about His daily Will. It may not be completely clear, but you may have a sense that He wants this or that from you. God does not typically present you with the entire plan He has for your life all at once. Rather, He offers bits and pieces as needed. Believing what He calls you to do each day requires faith and trust in His gentle voice. The truth is that God does have a perfect plan for your life if you will only listen and respond one step at a time. In the end, from Heaven, this will all make sense and you will see the incredible wisdom of our Lord. However, for now the big and full picture may not be as clear. This is God's way of drawing you into a relationship of daily dependence and daily surrender. The key is to be faithful each and every day to what you sense our Lord saying. If you do this, little by little, His glorious Will unfolds in your life, and through you His Mercy is bestowed upon the world
(See Diary #1300).

#1300 When I looked at this image, I was pierced with such a lively love for God that, for a
moment, I did not know where I was. When we had finished our business, we went to the
Church of the Most Holy Virgin Mary. We attended Holy Mass, during which the Lord gave
me to know what a great number of souls would attain salvation through this work. Then I
entered into an intimate conversation with the Lord, thanking Him for having condescended
to grant me the grace of seeing how the veneration of His unfathomable mercy is
spreading. I immersed myself in a profound prayer of thanksgiving. Oh, how great is God's
generosity! Blessed be the Lord, who is faithful in His promises...
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales