Day-to-Day Martyrdom

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

Day-to-Day Martyrdom

Post by Denise » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 am

One early Church Father (Tertullian) said that "the blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church." This means that the shedding of one's blood for the faith is not ultimately a tragedy; rather, it's something that is transformed by Christ so as to nourish the faith of others. And although you are most likely not to become a martyr in fact (shedding your blood), you are called to be a martyr in spirit by the day-to-day willing sacrifice of your life for the good of the Church. Being a "day-to-day martyr" means that you offer each and every act of your day to our Lord as a sacrifice for His glory and for the salvation of souls. It means that even the small acts of your day, the monotonous and seemingly unimportant ones, have the potential of being used by God as an instrument of grace. Offer everything you do each day, all day, as a sacrifice for the Church and the Lord will use you as an instrument in ways you could never fathom so as to dispense His Divine Mercy (See Diary #1184).

Know, my daughter, that your silent, day-to-day martyrdom in complete submission to My will ushers many souls into heaven. And when it seems to you that your suffering exceeds your strength contemplate My wounds
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales