A Spiritual Arrow of Mercy

Inspirational Quotes From Our Lord to Saint Faustina and Other Divine Mercy Devotions.

Moderators: Johnna, MarieT

Denise
Site Admin

A Spiritual Arrow of Mercy

Post by Denise » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:14 am

Normally, an arrow wounds and kills. Arrows have been used throughout history for war and for hunting. But a spiritual arrow of Mercy is much different. Recall the words of Simeon the Prophet spoken to our Blessed Mother, “And you yourself a sword will pierceâ€￾ (Luke 2:35). And at the Crucifixion, recall that, “One soldier thrust his lance into side, and immediately blood and water flowed outâ€￾ (John 19:34). A sword and a lance pierced the Hearts of our Blessed Mother and Jesus. So also must our hearts be pierced. But the sword, lance or arrow that we must receive will not wound in a negative way if accepted in love. Rather, it will call forth mercy and compassion from our hearts. Sorrow and pain are transformed within this “wound of loveâ€￾ and that wound pours forth God’s Mercy from our lives

(See Diary #1082).

When I took the issue of the Weekly into my hands, an arrow of love pierced my soul. -

For the sake of your (22) ardent desires, I am hastening the Feast of Mercy. My spirit burst into such a powerful flame of love that it seemed to me that I was totally dissolved in God.
Devotion to the souls in Purgatory contains in itself all the works of mercy, which supernaturalized by a spirit of faith, should merit us Heaven. de Sales